1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

colt python

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by algebra1, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. algebra1

algebra1 Member

I have a chance to buy a colt python with a 2 1/2 in. barrel never fired except in the factory in original box.How much should I pay?

2. algebra1

algebra1 Member

I saw one on gunbroker going for $3025.

3. algebra1

algebra1 Member

I bought one from Gander Mountain new in the box, unfired with all the papers and was thinking of selling.

4. bgf

bgf Active Member

trackerdan,

You are right on the money!!!!

5. algebra1

algebra1 Member

As a matter of fact,I did!Buy low, sell high the American way.I wasn't trying to gouge anyone in fact I do believe I said "Thinking of selling".I was wondering why people would pay such a high price for one?You got a beef?Stick it up your A--.I didn't ask you to reply so go bother someone else with your infinite wisdom.
    Steve Wall

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The 2 1/2 Python, which came out in the late 60's I believe originally sold for $ 125 retail. It was the issue firearm of the FBI and some other govt agencies. A sweet gun shooting 38 specials, the short barrel makes it useless for 357 magnum, which needs an 8 3/8" barrel to develop maximum velocity, and not just a lot of muzzle blast.
    Colt has had a lot of flunctuation in quality in the past 4o years - as had Smith & Wesson- so not all Pythons are equal.

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Just about any 98+ condition Python is going to bring at least $1k

8. algebra1

algebra1 Member

Hey Trackerdan,
    It is nice to know that you know how to read!After making my first post,I did by the gun because I saw what it was selling for on Gunbroker.Then I was questioning why it sold for $3025 inwhich case someone informed me that it was a collectable(I thank you for the info).Nobody asked you to comment.I appreciate all those who responded with helpful information.That's all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.