1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

COLT PYTHON For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by CalvinMD, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I am selling one of my prized Colt Pythons....this 6" barreled revolver was produced in 1967..it has the ultimate blue finish..looks like a black mirror..this gun is unfired and spent its life in my dads safe until being passed to me...unfortunantly no box or papers as that was lost in hurricane Isabel that destroyed our roof and everything stored in our attic...this gun is as beautiful as you would ever see...no cylinder scratch at all.....the finish on this pistol is much nicer than the standard Colt Royal blue...I can take pics later...I am asking $1350 plus shipping to your FFL,.. which is under what folks are asking for slightly used standard blue finish guns...email or 443-553-1366...this one is truly a cut above the rest
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. I would do a partial trade for either a Colt diamondback 22LR 4 or 6" barrel or a S&W 617 22LR6"
  2. rmccartyjr

rmccartyjr TS Member

0   0   0

no box! 1350 mymy
  3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

0   0   0

Made in 1967, that should be one of the hand fitted guns when they knew what they were doing. Wish I had the money to buy it.
  4. too fast

too fast TS Member

0   0   0

Calvin give me a call I would like to buy your Python if we can work out the details. If you want send me a E-Mail with your phone # and I'll call you.

Thanks Jim 916-599-3314
  5. rmccartyjr

rmccartyjr TS Member

0   0   0

I SMELL SOMETHING ! AND I THINK ITS @!%*
  6. cls

cls TS Member

0   0   0

Sounds like a pretty fair deal to me... Wish I had the spare cash. There's a 67 on Gunbroker.com at the moment with a starting bid of $2,100. As well as several others. cls
  7. rmccartyjr

rmccartyjr TS Member

0   0   0

NO BOX AND PAPERS KILLS THE PRICE 2 COLLECTORS.LOST PAPERS IN A STORM! NOT IN A SAFE BUT IN THA ATTIC! HELLO!
  8. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

0   0   0

I don't know this guy from adam's house cat, but I keep my gun boxes in the attic as well. Hell who has enough safe storage to keep them in there, if you do you have to few guns and need less boxes.
  9. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

0   0   0

Lead Man, I'm with you on that. My safe's are full of gun's not boxes. If I had two 80 guns safes then I would keep the boxes in there. It would sound as if he doesn't have enough guns to be a problem with storing the boxes in a safe. Jackie B.
  10. cls

cls TS Member

0   0   0

I agree, and besides boxes are moisture havens... cls
  11. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Active Member

0   0   0

I would enjoy pictures even though I am not buying.

I do not see why anyone rags on anyone else's legitimate attempts to make a sale. In the house I rented before the place I live now I lost a box to a flood in the basement when a downspout clogged up.

Lou
  12. BudLight

BudLight Member

0   0   0

CalvinMD, Please post when you gun is sold. Don't want to jump your thread! Ron
  13. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

0   0   0

I purchased a BT99 from CalvinMD a year or so ago. The gun was exactly as described. You can buy from him with confidence.
  14. rmccartyjr

rmccartyjr TS Member

0   0   0

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

The price isn't that unreasonable if the condition is as claimed.

And the guy lost the box in a hurricane for goodness' sake -- no reason to pillory him, Jeez. I've done much dumber things than store a box in the attic... haven't we all?

-Gary
  16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Pictures posted above...yes the hurricane did a number on my waterfront home ...I lost a roof,..a pier ..a 100ft boardwalk and the accompanying bulkhead and a finished basement...the gun boxes were the last of my problems...you should try 90mph winds bowing your windows in so bad you can hear the wind whistle..sustained for about 4-5 hrs and watching 16ft wave wash into your yard..it will put a pucker in your shorts
  17. 221

221 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

That no-box nonsense is just a scalpers trick to make a bigger profit.....Most new guns have a hard time making 100%...after that the box doesn't matter much....It's just typical gun trader BS.
  18. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

You really should join the Colt forum and post it there. Real enthusiasts there.
    www.coltforum.com

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL
  19. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

thanks Gene...I just thought it would be good to offer it to my trapshooter friends first
  20. handlepuller

handlepuller Active Member

0   0   0

Dumb question but is it a .357?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.