1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colt Mustang Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 320090T, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

What is the best way to safely carry a Colt Mustang? One in the chamber, hammer down, half-cocked, or cocked and locked? Chamber empty, cycle when needed? Does the Mustang have some sort of transfer bar, I can't see one? I often drop it into my back pocket and don't want to put a crease in my rear. Thanks!

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

If it isn't loaded and ready its not going to do you any good. You may not have time to pull the slide back. You also with that gun may not have time to pull the hammer back either. Its a S.A system. Half cocked is safe.

I have a Sig 230. It has a round in the chamber and hammer half cocked. Its D.A. All I have to do is pull it out and pull the trigger. No messing around with a slide or hammer.

3. Robb

Robb Member

I was never comfortable with cocked and locked in a pocket even with holster. Sold the Mustang. The Ruger LCP does the same thing for me and is alot safer imo.

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

If is is loaded with hammer down, can it discharge by dropping it on the hammer, not that I am planning on doing that.

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Funny how some are so afraid of cocked and locked with two safties but will carry a revolver with no safty.

6. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

COCKED and LOCKED..READY TO ROCK...same as a 1911, only smaller, it "should" not fire if dropped on a down hammer, depending on the age of the weapon....lb

7. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if Colt made different models of the Mustang, but mine(pocket lite) only has one safety. It does not have the grip safety. When I carry it, I carry mine hammer down.

Ajax

8. setool

setool Member

LCP !!! Been carrying one in my back pocket for years... easy to sit on, and I have always kept one in tne tube. Never had a problem, period.

Mark S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

carry mustang with hammer down

loading one in the chamber colt mustang