1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colt Lightning Medium Frame Pump 38-40 F/S-SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by boomer, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

SOLD==Well--it's not a trap gun, but I thought there might be some Colt collectors on this site that would be interested in a good deal before I go to the auction sites! This is a decent all original Colt Lightning pump action rifle in 38-40 Winchester. These guns were first made in 1884 and this one is an early one made in 1885! Colt and Winchester made a deal---Colt would not make any lever action rifles and Winchester would leave the pistol market to Colt. SO--Colt introduced this pump action in all the calibers of the era. They made small. medium and large frame Lightnings. This is a medium frame rifle chambered for the 38-40 cartridge. Many a Colt Single Action was chambered for this round. This particular gun has a 26 inch octagon barrel with the original brass front and buckhorn rear sights. The bore is bright and shiny with some light pitting, but strong rifling. The gun had a pleasing patina finish and no original blue remains. It does not appear that anyone has attempted to "clean" it up. Mechanically it is fine and could be shot with suitable ammunition. No cracks in the stocks and very sound. Look around the net and check auction prices. I believe I am under the market and looking for a quick sale at $995 delivered in the lower 48. No FFL is necessary unless you live in NJ or perhaps NYC!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Reinz

Reinz Member

0   0   0

I have a rifle almost identical to this one. The asking price is definitely below market value by a considerable amount. I do not know the OP what so ever. I am just saying that this is a VERY good deal for someone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.