1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colt is Reintroducing the Mustang Pocket Lite 380

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MTA Tom, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

[​IMG]

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I shot my stainless one the other day- and they really are easy to shoot- and of course they fit in your pocket easily because of how thin they are- even with a holster on

The stainless has a following and the lightweight is of course lighter --

Good they reintroduced it- about as good of a concealed carry gun size wise as you can get

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS- the only challange is figuring out what of all the ammo available should you load it with

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Gene, what ammo have you had problems with?

4. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Do you carry the Colt "cocked" in your pocket?

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Havent had problems with any ammo-- all feeds and fires- just wonder what are the best options for a personal defense round

I kind of would like to have another magazine though- just to have one but the one I do have works flawlessly- you do have to put a lot of pressure on though to fill it up

I actually dont usually carry with a round in the chamber- if I did I would use the holster I have -

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

IMO, it's hard to beat the Corbon 80 gr DPX .380.

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I asking from being stupid about the Colt Mustang. Why would you carry cocked? Doesn't the Mustang have a transfer bar setup to carry hammer down on a round?

8. Older Silver Bullet

Older Silver Bullet TS Member

What's the price on the new pokect lite 380? Jimmy

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

The only thing I don't like about that gun is its SA and not DA.

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Too bad it's not 9mm.

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I always suggest hardball with the 380. In this little gun, you can have penetration or expansion. Pick ONE.

12. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hmm...Sig must be getting to them.

Personally, I always liked the Gov't. .380, bulky as they are. Don't see many around though.

13. cnsane

cnsane Member

I've carried the Govt. .380 as a tool for a Summer, even though it is the largest of the useless calibers. Aside from the factory recall fix of the triple leaf spring, it has other more serious reliability issues. Most notable being that it dumps the clip just enough to not pick up the next round after your thumb bumps the mag release during recoil. That particular problem was so prevalent that aftermarket grips were designed that would shield the release button from thumb contact when using a right handed grip. And it (mine) would jam hollow points on the feed ramp. My next foray into something too underpowered will be a Sig 238 HD cuz it's stainless and has a steel frame instead of an 'alloy' frame.

14. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I have a Browning BDA 380 which has a 13+1 capacity and an approximately 4" barrel. I do not carry it but keep it around the deer shack. For personal protection in the home, I have an 870 with a riot barrel and buckshot.

The BDA was originally designed as a service weapon for the Belgium police and military. It is double action and has a very smooth trigger. Mine was made by Beretta in Italy for Browning and it is deep blue with walnut grips. Used BDA's go for $500-$700 on GunsAmerica.

It is super comfortable to shoot and with an extra magazine and Hornady 90 grain Critical Defense or Federal Hydra-Shok cartridges, I feel comfortable if I have to defend myself.

When the BDA was introduced in the early 1980's or so, its nickname was "the pocket rocket".

Ed Ward.

15. superump

superump TS Member

Whats the MSRP on this colt 380?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.