1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colt Gold Cup,:What It's Worth??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ron (vt), May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron (vt)

ron (vt) Member

Colt Gold Cup,:What It

I saw Colt Gold Cup on a Essex frame recently. Wondering what it was worth. Has some edge wear and a little bluing missing off the front of slide. Thanks in advance.

Ron

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Ron.. while I have used the Essex frames early on.. and had no issues.. It's still considered a low cost frame.. That would leave you with just a put together gun..unless someone famous built it.. I'm thinking $400/$450 unless it really had great parts in it.. (Bar Sto/Schuemann barrel).. Cylinder and Slide shop hammer/sear set up..etc... Now.. in the last 2 days.. Colt Gold Cup slides were sold between $200/275 range..1 I think was with barrel.. Foster/Caspian has race ready frames on sale for under $100 right now.. If one were to buy parts today.. an excellent shooter could be built for under $600 minus the sights..maybe less..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.