1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colt Gold Cup Mark IV

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gslam, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gslam

gslam TS Member

Colt Gold Cup 45 ACP National Match Series 80 Colt MK IV. Stainless Steel, 5" barrel, bought new in the eighties. Test fired five times and put away as a collectors item. Brand New condition $1699.00 poat paid. If have been wanting to own a brand new Gold Cup Made by Colt here here is a rare opportunity. PH. 406-366-0063
    gslam_2008_030385.jpg

gslam_2008_030386.jpg

gslam_2008_030387.jpg

gslam_2008_030388.jpg

2. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

With all due respect, you might find a buyer if you posted a more realistic price. The gun shown is valued by the most recent gun pricing books at about $1000 if in NIB condition. This gun is admittedly fired, and there are quite a few very prominent scratches on the stainless. The gun in the condition pictured would proably sell in the $700 to $850 price range. No offense meant, just offering an educated opinion as a gunsmith and dealer very familiar with the Colt auto pistol.

Steve

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Bought this Colt's for $700 a while back.

A more realistic price will help sell your gun. It is a shooter, not in good enough shape to be a collectible. Remember, we ARE in a recession.

4. gslam

gslam TS Member

I bought a Colt Single Action Army in K-Mart in 1975 for $340. Now if I still had it it would be worth a couple grand if it was still new that is. I have seen these gold cups years later with 10,000 rounds through them and used the last ten years as a nut cracker. This isn't a slopy loose beater but a collectors item. If you don't like the price go look for something you can afford don't bother me with your down grading dribble. A brand new Gold Cup will never sell cheaper in this $1961.00 an ounce for gold economy.

5. johnjohn91387

johnjohn91387 TS Member

I'm sorry, I must have missed something here.... Aside from the name, what on earth does the price of gold have to do with your overpriced Colt pistol?

You could probably get your price if it WAS made of gold, but given how scratched it is, that'd probably be a stretch....

Sorry, but your definition of "Brand New", and mine, differ slightly.

The mark of an educated and intelligent person is their ability, and willingness, to listen to those around them, who may, just may, know more than oneself.

Esp. those who know this gun, the business, and the value thereof.

John Malcolm

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Just to remind you, your gold cup is NOT NEW (see the scratched slide in picture #1) and gold is $1760 an ounce and on the way down.

Edit - guys this is a loosing argument and logic does not apply here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.