1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

COLT GOLD CUP 45 AUTO

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 2506, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2506

2506 TS Member

Have a colt 45 gold cup auto 1 of 100 offered to Houston HPD in 1980
    has gold inlay of Houston skyline new in wood display case with letter of authenticity fron Colt never fired.
    Anyone know aprox value or where to find out?

2. Bill60

Bill60 TS Member

i would say it is worth about 100 bucks and i would be happy to buy it for that much

lol

3. 2506

2506 TS Member

thanks think i'll hold out a while

4. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Just as a data point I had a number of Cold 45 Commemoratives and I found out then when it was time to sell them I didn't get much of a premium because they were commemoratives and unfired.

Most people that own a Gold Cup would love to shoot them and not display them. That being said if you find the right buyer you might receive a modest premium over a shooter Gold cup.

I would say that a nice, lightly fired, Gold Cup would sell for a bit less than $1000 but others may have better information. A bit more, but not much, for the engraving, display case, original paperwork, unfired, etc.

Smash Em,

Jerry

5. mt

mt Member

i would tend to agree with Jerry,

While i can't speak for that particular model per se, numerous permutations of limited edition gold cup models seem to come up with great frequency.

Unfortunately they rarely carry much, if any of a premium...unless of course it held particular sentimental import to the buyer.

You can always test the waters with a reserve you might consider appropriate or sufficient.

6. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Go to m1911.org There are a bunch of real nice folks on that site. They are a 1911 only site. John

7. Doctor_Chicago

Doctor_Chicago Member

I have been collecting Gold Cups - But I find that the Comm. Models do not bring a premium but are discounted.

Engraving - or - provenance - PREMIUM

$750-$1,250

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.