1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colt Double Eagle ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wayneo, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Anybody own one of these? Found this .45acp at the gun shop for $500. 98% condition.

Kind of reminds me of a Sig P220. Whats the difference between the first series and the MK-II edition? Thanks for any info.

Wayne

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Nothing special about a Double Eagle. They were Colt's attempt to market a viable double action 1911. Needless to say, it was a complete disaster at the sales table. A lot of the parts are specific to the Double Eagle, so availability on down the road will be sketchy. They are fine as a novelty firearm, but have very little in the way of collectibiliy.

ss

3. high 2

high 2 Member

I've shot one for years and absolutely love it. To me it's a steal a $500 They didn't produce that many which makes them somewhat rare. I use it for carry some and prefer it over cocked and locked
    Larry

4. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

I had one when they first came out,series 90,sold it,shouldve kept it as it was my first auto.Real 1911 guys would mock it,then shoot it better than they did with the 1911.Single action that is...the D/A was like pulling on that grip squeezr exercise thingie.They were very well made,somewhat familiar [1911 bbls/bushings/links/mags/sights/slidestp/ fit],and accurate [grip angle/triggerangle].Reliable too,mine ate everything.

5. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I had one and it broke. Can't remember what part is was but I could
    not find a replacement. Tried Colt, Brownells, Gun Parts Int'l. No
    luck. I gave it to my local gunsmith for parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.