1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

COLT DELTA GOLD CUP 10MM***LOWER PRICE****

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by BOB WEGRZYN, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOB WEGRZYN

BOB WEGRZYN Member

0   0   0

F/S COLT DELTA GOLD CUP 10MM ENHANCED. Belived unfired in the box with slide action work and extended ambidextrios slide release. No scratches or dings.
    $1,800 OR BEST OFFER!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Nice gun.

In addition to the extended slide release, looks like a replacement upswept beavertail, ambi safety, and trigger too. Possibly a replacement backstrap, as it looks like it is made from stainless and is checkered, whereas the original was gray plastic and grooved. Grip screws replaced too. All of these are good modifications. And they appear to be from Wilson. The hammer is factory.

I have the same gun, but externally it is in factory condition, except I installed an arched Pachmayr backstrap and the same Wilson grip screws. Internally I installed a Wilson full length guide rod, heavy spring, and Shok-Buf to prevent frame battering. It's set up for full power loads.

Your gun was probably made in late 1991. Colt switched from a checkered front strap to a wrap around pebble finish grip in 1990. In 1992 the serial number had the suffix E added, meaning Enhanced. As far as I know, the only "enhancement" was that the grip, where it meets the trigger guard, is slightly scalloped for middle finger clearance. Big deal. Mine has the E suffix, but the rest of the serial number is only about 700 guns later. Other than the E enhancement and aftermarket parts, our guns are identical for layout and markings.

Mine is a sweet shooter. Magnum power, very accurate, and recoil and recovery are decent. In fact, it has less and softer recoil than a Glock 20, and recovers faster. What more could you ask for in a handgun? Concealed carried mine for a while, but it's a hefty chunk. Also carried it in the woods for protection. Ballistics are between a 357 and 41 Mag, so power is not an issue for Oregon.

My only regret is not also getting one of the plain 10mm models or a Double Eagle 10mm to beat the stuffing out of.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

Brian works for NPR. "Expensive Gun Road Show." Perhaps you've seen it.

4. BOB WEGRZYN

BOB WEGRZYN Member

0   0   0

BRIAN,
    THANKS FOR THE EDUCATION!!! I appreciate your knowledge. I had no idea that all the add-ons were Wilson. Once again I thank you.

5. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

0   0   0

That looks like an Ed Brown grip safety. It's not a Wilson

6. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

One of 500 from 1992
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Limited First Edition..Only made 1991
    [​IMG]

7. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

0   0   0

I have had Gocks 9's and 40's never shot good enough for me for accuracy I want a auto that shoots as good as a good smith this sounds like one how accurate are they at 25 yds in grouping,Dan

8. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

These Guns have a History of Shooting Better..Than their Shooters..LOL.

9. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Bob:

Nice pistol but your going to be lucky to $1,500.00 out of it.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    flabigpapa, that's the first blued 10mm Gold Cup I've seen. Nice.

Johnny, the current Ed Brown beavertail safeties have a "memory groove" that does not show in the photo. Further, the frame has to be radiused to install the Ed Brown safety, and this frame looks unmolested.

<a href="http://www.edbrown.com/cgi/htmlos.cgi/0387.3.161299572516675564">Ed Brown 1911 parts<a/>

11. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

0   0   0

B in O, the original Ed Brown grip safety did not have the memory groove, that was added later.

Look again at the picture and compare to the pics added by flabigpapa , the frame is obviously altered, not stock. I have installed three Brown grip safeties. I think the Brown safety looks better than Wilson's and the others.

12. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

0   0   0

My Colt 10 is E high polish SS with a bit of custom tune from factory . Had 3 boxes of ammo, corbon 135,150 and a Winchester at 1200. Loaded 4 COLT mags with a even mix of all ammo in each mag. Target 25 yds 10 2 inch circles on two targets. No failure to feed, 150 ammo aim point center of target, all near center, all 135 printed 2 inch higher, other ammo printed 1 inch lower. Can't ask for better.

13. BOB WEGRZYN

BOB WEGRZYN Member

0   0   0

14. BOB WEGRZYN

BOB WEGRZYN Member

0   0   0

15. BOB WEGRZYN

BOB WEGRZYN Member

0   0   0

16. BOB WEGRZYN

BOB WEGRZYN Member

0   0   0