1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colt D.A. Revolver value

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hinkton, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

Hi. can someone out there with a blue book on gun values help me?I have a colt D.A.38 cal. revolver, that is in near mint condition. The left side of the barrel has colt DA 38 on it. On top of the barrel it says Colts PT FA mfg co. Hartford ct.usa. Patented Aug 5 1884 nov. 6 88 mar 95 Ser# 137955. The gun has 98% blueing with origional grips, an it is as tight as a new gun. I would like to know when it was made, an a ball park value.THANK YOU HANK

2. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

Thanks Eddie. I think the gun you are showing is a lighting. My gun looks more like the military model, yours has the SAA look. thanks for the imput. Hank

3. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

.Hi Maddog All it says is Colt DA 38 on side of barrel.The cylinder swings out to the left as you hold the gun.The cylinder is fluted. Barrel length is six inches. the cylinder pin is not covered. the cylinder notches are rectanguler an just above the fluted part of the cylinder.The grips are colt black plastic.I am not sure of the cylinder release. I just found the exact gun on gun broker.#109330168. This gun is not even close to the condition of mine.I thank you for taking the time to inform me that i needed to supply more imformation,to recieve a more realistic idea of what the gun may be worth. THANK YOU VERV MUCH! Hank PS There is a latch that slides back toward the handle, that releases the cylinder to let it swing out

4. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

Hi Maddog I am not sure if it,s a Navy or army model.It has the same type of frame you would find on a police positive.I know that the one on Gun broker.com is the same gun as mine. Thanks for trying to help me out. Hank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.