1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colt AR15

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Birddogfella, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Birddogfella

Birddogfella Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

We enthusiasts of the Evil Black Rifle like to see closeups of both sides of the receiver before we plunks down our $$$.
    Good selling.
    OLDE PHARTE
    ml johnson

2. JH

JH Well-Known Member

0   0   0

You should mention it is a Model 6900......

3. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Who makes the substandard 6900 for Colt?

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Supposedly Colt jobbed them out to Anderson Manufacturing in order to compete with the S&W MP-15 line. MSRP was in the $900 range. Apparently many of the parts are not milspec Colt. Supposedly the barrel does not say C MP for Colt Magnetic Particle checking. It simply says L5.56 NATO 1/8. The barrel is said to not have chrome lining. Note that the trigger guard is integral with the lower receiver. Colt is not building lower receivers that way.

Due to customer complaints that it isn't a "genuine" Colt, apparently Colt has discontinued them. Worse, a lot of gun shops jacked the price from an MSRP in the $900 range to $1400 or more, and tricked people into thinking they were simply a free floating flat top w/o sights versions of the 6920. This wound up with a lot of ill will towards both the gouging shop and Colt.

Is it a decent rifle? Probably. Colt is not likely to put their name on junk. But don't kid yourself that it's a 6920. It ain't.

5. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

No, it is not a 6920. The 6900 does not have a chromed barrel and the twist is 1 in 9 instead of 1 in 7. Even during the peak of the panic, the local gun shops in our area could not give them away.

Our local Walmart stocks the 6920 and the 6940 at some very attractive prices.

6. JH

JH Well-Known Member

0   0   0

KABOOM......that was the sound of a "torpedo of truth" hitting Ron's ad.....Harsh?....Brutal?....Yup on both counts....yet, accurate!

lwr,

One can find 6920 SOCOMs easier than 6940s at Walmart.....

7. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I was very suprised during the peak of the panic to find both a 6920 SOCOM and a 6940 at our local Walmart. There were several looking at them; however, since they were higher in price than the standard 6920, most were passing. I bought them both. Sold the SOCOM and kept the 6940. Yep, with what I got out of the SOCOM, I nearly paid for the 6940 in full. The 6940 is one sweet shooting gun.

The panic on ARs has been over for some time now in our area. Are there really still people out there paying $1695 for a 6900?

8. Lostintheozone

Lostintheozone Member

0   0   0

Where did he go?

9. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Wow! He deleted his gouge ad and ran. I guess he thought the people on TS would not know what a 6900 was. Even the SOCOM and 6940 sell for less than what he was asking for the substandard 6900.

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Welcome to the forum. "Overzealous" pricing will be mocked. LOL

11. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I don't think he is even the real person its one of those hacked names and he is scammin, the Ljutic he has for sale on another thread has a picture of a Ljutic on a computer screen.Jerry

12. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Yes, I ran a search on his user ID and all his ads seemed a little suspect. Has anyone bought anything from this seller.

I post a few ads from time to time because TS is a safe and knowledgable community. I also like to buy on TS because everyone is watchful and weed out the BS.

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The seller has been a member since 2009. The asking price for the Colt may not have fit everyone's idea of a deal but the seller is real.

Sign-on name: lsvgail9<br>
    Sign-on name created: 12/06/2009 - 17:53:00 ET<br>
    Last post date: 06/06/2013 - 18:27:32 ET<br>
    Threads started: 52<br>
    Messages posted: 30<br>

14. jdsfarms

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Might be a real sign on name but doesn't mean it didn't get hijacked like some other sign on names did,the initial thread seems to have been deleted after I posted seems kinda funny the poster didn't respond if he is real.Jerry

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

He posted right above me.

16. jdsfarms

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Didn't see it so noted my apologies but ya couldn't help but wonder.Jerry