1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

COLT 70 SERIES 9MM--38 super

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by sliverbulletexpress, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

Interesting, so this is a 45 with and extra 9mm barrel? Or is it a 45 that has been completely converted to 9mm?

I was under the impression you have to change out the slide and barrel to shoot 9mm on the 45 frame because of the big difference in the breach face and besides the slide and it's parts the ejector are different on the 9mm. Do you have a 45 that will shoot 9mm with just a barrel change? And then shoot 45 if you put the 45 barrel back in? What about magazines? Am I missing something in the description?

Looks like a nice old gun and it would be great and well worth the money if it works like that. Good luck with your sale it would be great to be able to practice with cheaper 9mm ammo and them put the 45 back in for serious business.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Slide assy', barrel, ejector, and mag must be changed out to swap from 9X19 to 45.

3. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Don't forget the extractor.

Pat

4. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

0   0   0

There's also that little issue with the ramp angle.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Slide assy' will have extractor. The feed ramp from the big bore will work with the small bore round. Vice versa? Use hardball.

Years ago, I was a preferred distributor for Springfield Armory. Several quick-change kits were built, and worked well.

I personally cannot justify the 1911 in 9X19. Most problem 1911's I have seen were in the 9X19.

6. Reinz

Reinz Member

0   0   0

Interesting, my SFA, Gubmit model(size) and Officers (size) nines run like tops.

And if you really want a sweet, soft shooting, 1911 type - the ol $189 Star made a believer out of me. And I don't collect cheap guns, but this is a keeper.

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Coach, would a 38 Super slide and barrel work on a Delta Elite 10mm without changing the ejector?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

colt series 70 changing slide from 9mm to 45