1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colt 45 Gold Cup with original case.

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Dr. A, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. A

Dr. A TS Member

0   0   0

I have a Colt 45 Gold Cup with original case. This is a used gun, but looks like new.

Series 80,Mark IV, Gold Cup National Match. Pictures upon request, of course.

$900 asking price or best offer.
    dra_2008_03033.jpg

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Round or flat slide?

3. Dr. A

Dr. A TS Member

0   0   0

??? I don't know what round or flat side means? Let me know and I'll get you an answer.

Thanks,

Richard

4. Shooting Coach

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Is the top of the slide flat or round? Colt's made them both ways.

Typically the newer ones have a round slide. The round slide is heavier and more suitable for Hardball, the flat slide has a distinctive look.

5. Dr. A

Dr. A TS Member

0   0   0

The sight plane itself is flat, but has rounded corners coming up to it... is this round or flat?

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

Coach, isn't the round top called a Gold Cup Trophy? I though National Match were flat. But it's been a long time since I was into Colts.

Wayne

7. Lostintheozone

Lostintheozone Member

0   0   0

You might get some action over on the Colt Forum if no interest here. I think it's free. Jim

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I'm thinking the blue guns had the milled slide. the nickel/stainless steel guns had the rounded govt slide...

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

new cups...

10. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

0   0   0

I have an early 80 series SS Gold Cup. It has the flat top serrated slide. If they have changed it is a cost cutting measure.

"The round slide is heavier and more suitable for Hardball" won't matter if the recoil spring is too light.

11. Shooting Coach

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Dear Jerry

You are right about a 1911 with a 14 lb spring, but the flat top Gold Cup had the sides milled for the ribbed top. The slide is lighter, and 'Cups of that era had the rear sight attached by a roll pin. Not a good combo to run Hardball through.

I always considered a 'Cup a Soft Ball gun.

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's the size of the roll pin that matters. Colt used a heavier roll pin with a Pythin rear sight for the Delta Gold Cups (10mm). They're rougher on the sights than any hardballer. I have a 24 lb spring in mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.