1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by talbers, Jul 1, 2013.

1. talbers

talbers Member

We are supposed to be RV'ing next week in Colorado Springs but what is it like after the fires? I know the Royal Gorge is closed but everything else is supposed to be open. Anyone here live in Colorado Springs? Is it still a good idea to come out or would we be better served to try again next year?

Any insight is appreciated.

Todd

2. KDGJ

KDGJ TS Member

What are you coming out to see or where did you want to go in COS?

The burn scar from last year's Waldon Canyon fire isn't going away by next year. Garden of the Gods and Manitou areas are open.

Ken

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Go to Gunnison

4. beeper

beeper Member

Take a ride to Cripple Creek also.

beeper

5. talbers

talbers Member

We are planning on hitting the usual spots: Pikes Peak, Maitou, USA Shooting complex, Cave of the Winds, and Garden of the Gods. If weather and time allows I plan on going to Pikes Peak Gun club for a little fun with the daughter. We may also do some white water rafting, looking for suggestions, and I am sure my daughters and wife will do some shopping some time.

I had not thought about Cripple Creek but it looks interesting so we may just head that way as well. I will have to look up Gunnison.

Thanks for the info.

Todd

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Isn't Colorado being boycotted?

7. KDGJ

KDGJ TS Member

All the places you want to see are open (in spite of the boycotts). PPGL is open Wed-Sun. You can still do white water rafting through Royal Gorge. Take your wife and daughter to Aspen for shopping they can spend a lot of money there. Still a lot to see in this area.

Ken

8. beeper

beeper Member

Since the USA Shooting is on Fort Carson grounds you may not be able to get on.

beeper