1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colorado Elk - my first

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rum River, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rum River

Rum River TS Member

Had the best hunting trip of my life. I've got serious problems with my legs, and have to wear rigid braces from knees to toes. The outfitter and guide worked hard with my disability to make certain everything went well.

The guide called this 6x6 into 150 yards. It took 4 solid hits with a .300 Weatherby with factory 200 gr. Nosler Partitions to keep him from going down a couple hundred yards of steep slope. It was 4:30 in the afternoon and we didn't want to deal with bringing him back up. After quartering him out and hanging the meat it was a half mile walk and another hour or more on horseback to get back to camp at 9:00.

If anybody wants the outfitter info, let me know. Out of 69 hunters, 67 of us had the opportunity to shoot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

Congrates nice elk!!!

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Congrats, it looks like the country where our son-in-law got his elk in 2008.

4. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Shootin' was the easy part, wasn't it. Nice bull, nice trophy, good meat in the freezer.

5. Jhise67

Jhise67 Member

Would like some info on the outfitter as I would like to take my 16 year old on an elk hunt. Thanks Jerry

6. Rum River

Rum River TS Member

Jerry, just sent you an email.

7. thunder

thunder Active Member

Good job, nothing like a good elk or mule deer hunt. When younger really enjoyed bow and gun hunting in the mountains. Love those open spaces.

8. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Good for you Rum River. Used to go to Colorado back in the 90's for several years in a row. Really looked forward to it every October. Great times and good fun. Elk are one of my favorite big game animals to hunt, and the meats pretty tasty too. Glad you had a good hunt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.