1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colorado Dem lawmaker insults women gun owners.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/18/democratic-lawmaker-apologizes-for-suggesting-women-afraid-of-rape-cant-be-trusted-with-guns

Democratic lawmaker apologizes for suggesting women afraid of rape can’t be trusted with guns

11:46 PM 02/18/2013

Democratic Colorado state Rep. Joe Salazar apologized Monday for suggesting some women are so unjustifiably afraid of being raped that they are liable to start shooting wildly.

Salazar, arguing in favor of disarming college students, said Friday on the Colorado House floor that women fearing rape may suddenly and haphazardly ”pop a round at somebody.”

“It’s why we have call boxes; it’s why we have safe zones; it’s why we have the whistles — because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at. And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop … pop a round at somebody,” Salazar said.

2. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

And Colorado voted this Idiot in office why? I hope the females of colorado vote his but out next election.

3. archangel

archangel Member

When I heard this idiots comments I could not believe them. I hope the NRA exploits this issue and becomes the defender of womens rights. Here we have an "in" with every female of all walks of life. I have 3 daughters and I know being a single woman can be scary, I had a few late night calls of them being followed: they need to be able to defend themselves. I am suprised the NRA or Colorado's component has not seized upon this issue. I would suggest they use the dems play book and have a female speaker with 15 women behind her whom have protected themselves with a gun and keep raming this issue home in the press-- mike

4. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

What an idiot. Must be the altitude up there. It will not be a good thing for him to have a bunch of P.O.ed women.

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Kristin Powers couldn't stand what the guy said and she is a die hard liberal!!

Its to bad the media won't treat him like they did the Republican who made stupid remarks of the SAME caliber!!

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

CharlieAMA

We have to remember, voters put people in office that think like they do.

7. CharlieAMA

You hit that nail on the head. Charlie

8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

And of course, the biased Denver Post runs and editorial saying:

"No 'Gotcha' on rape comments"

" The overwrought response to state Rep. oe Salazar's awkward reference to rape is manufactured outrage."

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

It doesn't matter, he is a Democrap. They can say and do what they want and the boot licking media will never call em on it.

I'm willing to bet if you were a Democrat you could go get drunk, drive off a bridge with a young girl in the backseat. leave her to drown, then walk home and go to sleep, and the media still won't criticize you. (If you were a Democrat anyway). That couldn't happen could it? Guess we'll never know.

I’ll even bet you could force yourself on a women and bite her on the lip so she couldn't scream while you had your way with her. Then when you left her bleeding in a hotel room - tell her to just put a little ice on it and everything will be okay. I would even think if you were a Democrat the media might have a problem with that scenario Wouldn't they?

10. CharlieAMA

In a nutshell, what he is saying is that- We don't want you to shoot innocent bystanders, or have any collateral damage. So, if it is rape, lay back and enjoy it.

11. 9manfan

9manfan Well-Known Member

How do idiots like that stay in office.....

12. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Was informed by a salesman at a gunshow while glancing at showcased purse pistols from the 1800's that most women in the 1800's carried a purse pistol just in case the men got too frisky with them. That was their way of saying no, until too many men were being shot...then manufacturing made guns man sized
    and ladies with guns were labeled unlady like.
    And here's round two from the Dem progressives...Ladies, the Second Amendment is for you too. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

13. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I'm from CO, The Salazar's, his brother was in Obum's cabinet. Well known Dem. political parasites, spanish surname con cowboy hat. Don't see much of them in western CO. Rich

14. tachyon

tachyon Member

Bisi, great post. I have often asked high school students what would happen to a politician who did exactly what you posted. They all said the senator's career would be over and most indicated that he would be in jail for a long time. Only in America could someone do what Ted did and still be an "American Hero".

15. sherry2310

sherry2310 TS Member

I think just wearing a "Rape Free Zone" T-shirt will do the trick. The gun free and drug free zones work wonders!

16. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

bigdogtx_2008_0303131.jpg

The kind of girl that makes feminists mad.....

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's amazing how women libbers believe women are the equals of men in all things except the use of firearms. Then they become clumsy, fearful little incompetents who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper sack.

18. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

"That's why we have safe zones???"
    OMG.
    dju

19. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I sure wouldn't want to take on my wife in a gun fight

20. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Why surprised? Any legitimate "Nanny State" requires passive-dependent (expendable) citizens who rely upon "authorities" for their meals, housing and safety.....personal responsibility/self-reliance is strictly prohibited......

Passive-dependence and entitlement are primary values of any "Nanny State."

P.S. On the poster, that is either a Taurus or a Beretta 92FS...that is no Glock!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

star wars rape