1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Color coded springs for 390

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rickk55, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickk55

rickk55 Member

Several years ago, bought a set of color coded exhaust valve springs for Beretta 390.Designed to be used to shoot different power loads, does anyone know the colors and power factors? Thanks Rick

2. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

Purple= 26#; Green= 31#; Blue= 36#; Red= 45#; Yellow= 51#; Factory= 41#; Rates taken at 25% deflection. Info from spec sheet from Coles. John

3. rickk55

rickk55 Member

Thanks so much, hoping that the lighter weight is for the lighter loads.

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

No, the lighter springs are for the HEAVIER loads. The heavy springs are for the lighter loads.

Do NOT use a heavy spring with heavy loads or you will cause excessive wear and perhaps even parts breakage in your gun. Cole specifically warns you about this.

Easystreet

5. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

Rickk55, Easystreet is right on the money. You need to experiment & find the right spring that will allow the gun to fully cycle without causing the bolt to slam hard into the back of the receiver & possibly breaking the dogs, for lack of a better term, off of the back of the bolt. If this happens, the bolt will have to be weld repaired & reshaped to fit or spend big bucks for a new bolt. Send me your mailing address & I can send you a copy of the stuff from Coles. I'm not set up to scan it into my computer so I can't email it to you. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
al390 beretta exhaust valve springs modifications

beretta 390 colored gas valve spring

beretta 390 exhaust valve
beretta 390 gas valve spring set
beretta colored gas value springs