1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Color case price on K80

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Buffalo Chip, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buffalo Chip

Buffalo Chip TS Member

I'm getting some prices together to buy a new K-80 and I made a casual inquiry for the addition cost of color case hardening. I was told $2225 over and above the retail cost of a nickled standard receiver. I was a bit taken back but now I'm wondering if that price was a mistake or correct? Anybody know?
    Thanks B C

2. magic

magic Member

Yes that is the price. If you have seen one though they are the best color case finish there is.

JASON

3. Buffalo Chip

Buffalo Chip TS Member

Thanks guys. Sorta like If you need to ask.... But it is the best CCH job I've seen thus my appreciation of it. Thanks again BC

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

http://www.turnbullrestoration.com Take a look. Jeff

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

So whats the difference between case colored and case hardened? I sold a Citori that was Case Colored from the factory. I know, from Jason, that K-80 receivers are hardened for durability. Dave

6. magic

magic Member

DTrykow,

Case colored is really Color Case Hardened. It is heat treating the reciever to make it harder. You are right all K80 are case hardened. Most are done then nickel is applied so it doesn't matter what they look like. But they can do them and try to showcase the beautiful colors that come from the hardening process. This is a tricky and is done by hand using charcoal and bone. When done right it is striking.

JASON

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Thank you Jason: I'm looking forward to seeing your K-32. I already bought the barrel for it. Dave

8. magic

magic Member

Dave,

it left here today via UPS ground. I will get you those screws this weekend while I am at duPont/Krieghoff, and get them in the mail to you.

JASON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.