1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colo State Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KenC, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenC

KenC Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Singels: Ray Stafford 200 over about 6 or 7 others in the shootoff.

Doubles: Sorry I forgot who won. Boy am I embarrassed.

Handicap: Alex Ragulsky (27) had the lone 100 straight.

HOA: Denis Bringleson

HAA: Alex Ragulsky over Ray Stafford by one bird in a shootoff.

My apologies to the doubles winner. I'll get that info and post it ASAP.
  2. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

May 29, 2007
    I remember only 5 shooters in the singles shootoff with 200's. There were two from A Class (I don't remember their names), with the last 3 in the shootoff being from AA. They were William Sayles (AA Winner), Scott Obenchain (Champ R/U) and Ray Stafford (Champ). I don't know how long it went (I was watching the women and juniors), but I don't think more than 100. The Doubles Champ was Dennis Bringelson (99), shot off over Dan Treat (A Winner) and Scott Obenchain (Champ R/U).
  3. bellemandi

bellemandi TS Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Results from 2008 Colorado State Shoot:

SINGLES: Champion: Ray Stafford, R/Up: Scott Obenchain, Class AA: Billy Sayles, A: Jack Wolfe, B: Scott Leckler, C: Cohen Small, D: Cody Berens, Lady: Janessa Beaman, Sub Jr.: Ben Larson, Jr.: Shane Herman, Vet: Claude Hemsi, Sr. Vet: Wallace Morrill, Husband & Wife: Ray and Margie Stafford, Two in the Family: Cory and Steven Jones.

Doubles: Champion: Dennis Bringelson, R/Up: Scott Obenchain, Class AA: Ray Stafford, A: Dan Treat, B: Terry Findley, C: Lynn Greenlee, D: Wesley Cembalist, Lady: Stacy Bringelson, Sub Jr.: Ben Larson, Jr.: Cory Jones, Vet: John Finochio, Sr.Vet: Cliff Haycock.

Handicap: Champion: Alex Ragulsky, R/Up: Dennis Bringelson, 3rd: Rory Cerise, 4th: Bob Hardenburger, 5th: Ray Stafford, 6th: Terry Kneebone, 19-20: Kim Norton, 21-22: Harvey Martinez, 23-24: Dale Rains, 25-26: Michael Wasserburger, 27: Steve Saruwarti, Lady: Stacy Bringelson, Sub Jr.: Ben Larson, Jr: Corey Jones, Vet: Roy Burgess, Sr. Vet: Cliff Haycock.

HAA: Champion: Alex Ragulsky over Ray Stafford

HOA: Champion: Dennis Bringelson.
  4. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Ken, Fred and Charlie:

Thanks for the nice comments guys! And yes, we have lots and lots of stories. Some of them may even be true!

Funny thing though. I came home and told my black labs to get off the bed and they didn't. So I told them that I won a couple events--still no response. Finally I said that I won caps. The older of the two raised her head, wagged her tail a couple times, yawned and went back to sleep. Either they are both deaf or just don't know much about trap shooting.

Hats off to the Delta Trap Club for throwing an excellent shoot. With crowds down the staff took the extra time and resourses to make sure everything was perfect and everyone felt welcomed. Lots of great scores posted.

Thanks again.

Alex Ragulsky
  5. bentbarrel

bentbarrel TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    PICTURES ------ http://www.rmclaysports.com/CSTA.html
  6. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Again......???? You shot another 100 from the 27? Or have you moved up to the 24 yard line now....LOL Congrats my friend. Hope to see you at the Montana State shoot also.

shoot well and have fun..........Rickyd
  7. sunnyfrogk

sunnyfrogk TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Thanks for the props, Charlie-

I am so lucky to be in a state with such supportive and positive shooters. It is nice to know that there are always people out there rooting for you to shoot well. Our ladies sure stepped up and represented this weekend with Carla Roth-Lindley shooting 97 in handicap, and Rose Blair shooting a 99 on the second half of her singles. Janessa Beaman and Stacy also brought in fantastic scores.
    It was an honor to shoot amongst all of these outstanding ladies and be recognized by all of you supportive men.

Thanks for a great shoot, Delta!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.