1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colo. Front Range is WET

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by flashmax, Sep 12, 2013.

1. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

We've had more rain in 6 hours than we average in 6 months. Trap clubs are awash in water and some have flowing water. The burned areas are running off massive debris flows with roads and railroads washing out. There are at least another day and a half of moderate/heavy rain coming. It would not surprise me to find that one or more of this weekend's shoots might need some adjusting or even cancellation. Anyone looking to shoot Cactus Flats or Aurora should check with management ahead of time. Cactus Flats ph. (719) 372-3600, Aurora ph. (303) 361-9091 Some really good folks in the Colo Trapshooting community are suffering today. Please send up your positive thoughts for them.

Don T. Littleton CO

2. flashmax

That was last Sunday Rick. The other listed shoot is in Eagle but that is on the other side of the Divide and a bit drier.

Don T

3. flashmax

Yeah, they did miss it. The ATA site had the date correct but GGC site had it for the 15th. What happened was that Golden and Aurora both scheduled a shoot for the same day which interfered with each other ( proximity rule ). The shoot date for Golden was moved up a week ( early in the year ) and the new date wasn't entered onto the Club calendar until 10 days before the shoot. It was an inadvertent oversight that cost us some participants and it was caused, in part, by leaving all the work on one man's ( Dan's ) shoulders. We try to pitch in but our eyes sometimes don't see the seemingly small things. We promise to work on it in the future and AIM for perfection.

Don T. Littleton CO

4. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Was watching the TV news this morning after talking to my friend in Littleton, and they were talking about all the rain. Then they shows a creek bridge that washed out down by Boulder a=with a bunch of cars in the hole.. People had to be rescued.

Las Vegas got 6" of rain in 2 hours last weekend.

We get nothing out here in Ojai, and everything is dry as punk.

Randy

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

So thats were the Silver Bullet gets its water!! LOL

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

at least you're not getting taxed on the rain like some East Coast states

7. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Gents,

I will be speaking with Don Day of Cactus Flats later today. He may not have a full assesment of the damage, if any, at that time but I will report what I find out.

Gene

8. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Alcon----
    Spoke with Don, the shoot IS a go!! Rifle/pistol pits are ponds as of this morning but he doesn't anticipate any issues.

I've offered help tomorrow if he needs it in order to get ready. So if I hear more from him I'll update here.

So I hope to see some of you there.

Gene.

9. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Fires then Floods? My best wishes to an area of the country that I hold dear to my heart.

blade819

10. flashmax

11. flashmax

Same. Raining on my house. Radar shows rain all around and rain on or near the Trap clubs. Hope they can get in a shoot between raindrops at Cactus Flats but the trip up there and back is dangerous for this child. Aurora had heavy rain again last night. Roads between here and there are iffy too. Would like to have gone just to support the clubs though.

Don T

12. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

My wife and I saw movies of our favorite place on earth, Estes Park, and it looked like Lannigans Bar was washing away from Main Street. The cabin that we use to rent on the river is I'm sure gone by now.

blade819

13. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Of course I wish no damage to anyone or misfortune, but maybe all that rain was a reward from God for recalling those two politicians. We could use a rain like that down here in the Texas Panhandle. I hope everyone is OK.