1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Collegiate Sporting Clays List?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dicksie, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Trap and Field has a list of Colleges and Universities that have Collegiate Trap Shooting Programs but I can’t find a like list for Sporting Clays. It there one somewhere?

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Dicksie,

I'm not sure that there is a separate list for collegiate clubs that shoot sporting clays.

I think there's just a list of schools that have clay target teams or clubs, and they all shoot trap, skeet, and sporting clays.

I think they just generically call themselves trap teams.

We have a collegiate shoot at our club each March that shoots all three disciplines, and nearly all the kids participate in all three disciplines.

I've listed the link with many of the schools with teams.

3. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Former Colligate Shooter:

We were the ISU 'Trap & Skeet' team, yet we shot Sporting, trap, skeet, 5-stand, int'l, etc, etc.

There are very few schools that only do one thing. A program consists of several events, and in most cases one squad's whole score is used.

Some schools have more of a focus (i.e. K-State was a trap powerhouse).

Heck, even though we didn't have a SC facility to practice on, most of our weekends were spent traveling to shoots and sporting clays ranges on our own dime, shooting as friends.

4. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Thank you both

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

collegiate sporting clays

collegiate trap shooting programs