1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Collegiate Shoot - KC Area!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by timb99, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Hey folks,

Just fyi for folks living in the Kansas City metro area, the 6th Annual Kansas State University Shootout at the Crossroads is this weekend at Powder Creek Shooting Park in Lenexa, KS.

Come out to watch, or lend a hand.

Last year we had our largest turnout ever at 168 entrants.

This year, we've already received entries from 195 shooters, from Midwest collegiate teams, as well as a few from a long way!

Kids from Kansas State University, University of Wyoming, Colorado State University, Fort Hays State University, The University of Nebraska-Omaha, Iowa State University, The University of Missouri-Columbia, Missouri State University, Central Missouri University, Missouri University of Science and Technology, The University of Arkansas, Texas A&M University, Lindenwood University, University of Northern Iowa, Purdue University, Oklahoma State University, East Central (Oklahoma) University, and Virginia Tech University are sending teams to compete in the two-day event.

The events are 100 Trap Singles, 100 Trap Doubles, 100 Sporting Clays, and 100 Skeet, or any combination of the events. Nearly all the entrants have signed up to shoot all 4 events.

Last year, we threw approximately 68,000 targets over the weekend.

Associated with the event, some generous folks from the local Quail Unlimited chapter donated some money to set up a scholarship. The scholarship this year will be $750.00. Only students who participate in the event are eligible, and will have to write an essay, which will be judged by a panel.

Jim Beasley of Tilden Trophies made a couple of excellent belt buckles for us for the HOA men's and HOA ladies, and Phil Murray of White Flyer provided medals for event winners.

In addition, Hodgdon Powder, Downrange Wads, and trapshooters.com's own ShootinSue contributed to the cause, as well as a few other local businesses.

To make it seem like a "big shoot" for these kids, we also give each of the participants a "shoot pin."

We're second only to the ACUI's in San Antonio, but we're catching up every year!

2. krieghoff200

krieghoff200 TS Member

An excellent shoot for the collegiate shooters, very well run and some awesome prizes as well....Go Lions....By the way Tim....what's Lindenwoods record at your shoot.....lol

Steve White.... NYS AIM Director

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Hey Steve,

They do quite well, and always bring a big group of kids.

Actually, there was one year where they did not win the team HOA. Missouri-Columbia won it that year.

But a lot of good shooters come to this event.

4. krieghoff200

krieghoff200 TS Member

A good place to see some of the up and coming stars in the shotgun sports

Steve

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Just got the final count. 199 entries.

That's about all our little club can handle.

And we do it with almost all volunteer help.

6. dgfhsu13

dgfhsu13 TS Member

Thats awsome theres gonna be some good competion there, cant wait for this weekend.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Keep your fingers crossed for no rain!

8. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Tim,

We would kill for rain up here. 7 degrees out again this morning and threatning more snow. Almost 100 inches so far this year and March and April usually give us more yet. Still have a nice pile in the back yard.

[​IMG]

If I were a bit closer I would come to help. Seems like a very worthy cause.

Rick in MT.

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

First report, its about 27F and windy, but apparently all 199 shooters showed up and are shooting!!!

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Weather a little warmer today, but not much.

Reports are that everything went smoothly yesterday, but the volunteers had a long day. Shooting started about 7:30 a.m. and wasn't over until about 7:30 p.m.

My kid shot a 92 in trap yesterday, which is pretty good for her (she doesn't take it <i>quite</i> as seriously as her old man...)

11. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Where can I go to find the team & individual results of the shoot?

12. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

hunter,

We're not clever enough to have online results.

I'll try to post them here or on facebook as soon as I have them.

Tim

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Results posted in thread:

"Kansas State Univ Shootout Results"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.