1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

College Student in Search of Trap Gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tim_meissen, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tim_meissen

tim_meissen TS Member

I am a college student that enjoys shooting a lot. Unfortunately I am on a restricted budget and can not afford much for guns. I was wondering if anyone out there might have a good trap/trap doubles gun. Such as a Beretta 682 or a Beretta Teknys Gold Trap. I have also shot a few Franchi 2004 models and shot very well with them but I hear bad things about there reputation. I don't have much money but would appreciate anything anyone can do for me. Thanks

2. tim_meissen

tim_meissen TS Member

I forgot to ad my e-mail it is tembn7@umr.edu

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

A far better budget gun would be a brand new Remington 1100 or better yet a good condition used Remington 1100.

Good luck in finding what your looking for.

4. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

ive got a 391 Tekny's trap as new i bought it 6-7 months ago new to shoot sporting clays i have 5 chokes with it skeet, ic, mod, imp mod, and full. there has been maybe 1,000-1,200 rounds thru the gun i paid just shy of 1,900 with tax for it you can have it for 1,200 plus shipping to your ffl. if interested let me know and i will provide pictures

5. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Taken from another thread.
    Subject: Trap and Hunting guns for sale
    Email:
    Date: Tue, Jul 31, 2007 - 02:07 PM CT
    Website Address:

Model 1100 trap with Monte Carlo stock 30" full barrel. Good condition $550.00 + shipping & Ins.

6. map@neo

map@neo Member

If you are interested in shooting singles and handicap only, I have a like new Winchester Model 101 single. It is 34" top single with full choke. Original blue is 99% and bore is perfect. Maybe a couple of very minor handling marks.
    This is the older model made in the '70s. $950. plus shipping to your dealer.
    I can send you some good pictures.
    Thanks.
    MAP

7. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Get a used 1100 field gun and see if you can get a trap stock for it.

It's the best value for the dollar. You can find 1100 field guns for $350 that have one - one HUNDREDTH the wear and tear of a bona fide, used 1100 trap gun that probably has been used for 5-10,000 shots per year for ten to 15 or 20 years and probably never had its action spring changed and has its receiver rails worn razor thin. And oh by the way, they're asking $500-$600 for it because it says "TRAP" or TRAP-T on the receiver.

The field gun probably has some external wear and more scratches but probably still has all of its bluing intact and maybe has seen a few HUNDRED shells through it (if that) in 15-20 years and is internally speaking: virturally new.

The old ones even with the 28" vent rib fixed chokes with a mod will smoke 16 yard targets and the fulls will smoke 27 yrd handicap targets.

You can get in the game with an 1100 for under $400; have a gun that has low recoil, very shootable, field maintanable, field repairable and maintains its resale value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.