1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Collector gun ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

This is totally hypothetical. Let's say you had the opportunity to get in your mind what is the equivalent of an original Seitz ( one of the few guns made my Tom Seitz). Would you shoot it or put it aside as a collector gun . Also, if you shot it & used it , how much in value would it decline?

Phil Berkowitz

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Doubt the Seitz would be collectable in the foreseeable future. It's a very expensive trap gun made for very few Seitz lovers. Not much circulation beyond that, I bet most trap shooters weren't be interested either, very very limited market.

An unfired Browning Midas grade 20 ga. or a mint black powder frame SSA are safer (10 times) investments.

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Phil The gun was made to shoot ?? If taken care of it would loose no value . I don,t really see people asking were can I buy a Tom Seitz gun ??

Alot of Seitz style guns new that are alot nicer for less money .

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Shoot it.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Phil. Shoot it. I have a fellow I shoot with that has a very hi-grade Kolar. You know the 20 grand kind. Nd he never sets it down. As long as the gun is flawless, ti will hve the saem value.

6. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

If it has never been shot shooting it will decrease the collector value.

It it has been shot and cared for properly, shooting it some more and caring for it properly will not be a detraction.

7. mike b.

mike b. Member

Is this thread also called "Fantasy Shotgunning" ? Can I pick Leo to be behind my gun ?

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

If you shoot a gun that is "totally hypothetical" do you have to use "totally hypothetical" shells?

9. paul e. stark

paul e. stark TS Member

It's not a holland & holland trap single! shoot the damn thing!

10. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Phil,

I've been selling guns for a long time. They are depreciating assets .. kind of like a car only less useful. Any dealer who tells you a trap gun will be worth more later has a better crystal ball than I and is full of crap.

In recent years collectible guns have not appreciated much. The creme-de-la-creme of guns are the only ones that remain viable. There are millions of old guns and very few, a fraction of one percent, will appreciate in value. Their liquidity is poor at best.

Invest your money in gold coins, muni-bonds, treasuries, even CD,s will bring you a better rate of return over the long haul.

On the other hand if the economy collapses I would bet my Kimber .45 Sig 9mm would be worth a lot.

Bob Schultz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.