1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Collecting trap guns ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Thoughtful folks have amassed beautiful and well-structured collections of guns over the ages.

Some collections focus on pre-Civil War, some on bolt action military rifles, some on first generation Colt SAA, some on Winchester Model 70's or Model 21's.

In the world of trap shooting, what are the main classifications that people have used to define their collections ?

Single-shot, side-by-side, combo, country of origin, brand, use in the Grand or in the Olympics ?

2. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

I think most trapshooters categorize like this: this one I got my first 25 straight,this one my dad gave to me,this one I paid alot of money for as a gift to myself,and dont shoot it any better than my first one.

other than that ,its prewar trap singles usually highly engraved that are most collectible as far as old guns.

3. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I just like guns that are a little different, space-gun, browning recoiless, gas operated 870, or the older classics tm1, model 12, 3200 remington, number 637 lujtic mono. now I want to get a model 31 remington pump. That id just me

4. SPORTALLURING

SPORTALLURING Active Member

I`d have to say The American Single Barrel Trapgun.

Sportalluring

5. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I think it would be interesting to collect all of the different types of bt's. It would take more than one safe. Bill

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I remember when younger shooting trap in the 1960's I had a model 12 and would see the older shooters with their Ithaca singles Browning O/U Diana Midas guns Ljutics and just dreamed of owning those guns. As time pasted I aquired all those guns of my bucket list of guns it was great fun Ithaca 4E Browning Broadway Rem 31 TC MX8 kept them for years shooting them once a month or so great fun. Then one day I just started selling them off and took a newer direction shooting more modern guns that I shoot more often I still have too many trap guns but my Cole is my go to gun I have a Alfrmann as a Backup couldn't sell my Ljutic still have my model 12 and Rem 1100 with Baker barrel TM1 and a BT99 5 Perazzis 3 Sporting guns a doubles gun and a MX8 combo and a K80 unsingle 2 O/UBeretta's 5 303's 3 sporting 2 trap just love a cheap great gun some of these have to go also will be on the block when I get back home after the summer.

7. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

My trap gun accumulation consists mostly of prewar examples and especially prewar guns provenanced to well known shooters. Provenance is more important to me than grade or degree of decoration. My favorites are single and double Parker, Ithaca Knickerbocker, Prussian Daly, Winchester Model 21 and 12, Remington Model 31, and Fox single. I try to put together a stash of shooting records relating to the previous owners of my provenanced guns. I also have a small collection of pictures of previous owners actually shooting or posing with the guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.