1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colin Powell, Fine Judge of Character.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

We all know how much Colin "Somebody give me a job" Powell got for endorsing the Marxist/Muslim/Crooked Barry Obama. Well, just three weeks earlier, the General endorsed another crooked politician:

"WASHINGTON - One of the nation's best-known retired Army generals, Colin Powell, described Sen. Ted Stevens in court today as a "trusted individual" and a man with a "sterling" reputation.
    "He was someone whose word you could rely on," said Powell, secretary of state in President Bush's first term, who self-deprecatingly described himself as someone who retired as the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and then "dabbled a bit in diplomacy."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The former secretary of state said he had known Stevens for 25 years, mostly in the senator's role as the top defense appropriator on a Senate defense appropriations committee. In Stevens, "I had a guy who would tell me when I was off base, he would tell me when I had no clothes on, figuratively, that is, and would tell me when I was right and go for it," Powell said. "He's a guy who, as we said in the infantry, we would take on a long patrol."

When asked outside of the courtroom after his testimony whether Stevens asked him personally to testify to his character, Powell said he couldn't recall if it was the senator or one of his lawyers. But he didn't think twice about testifying, Powell said.

"Not at all," he said, snapping his fingers to signify it was a snap decision."

Thanks Colin for helping us with you excellent character evaluations.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Who's to really know if his endorsement of Obama was racially motivated or because he is having a bad day and wants to go against party lines ..? The facts are he is not a good Judge of Character and not the kind of Character you would want for a Judge based on his evaluations of these people ... I lost a lot of Respect for Colin Powell based on his endorsement and the lame reasoning behind it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

Screw Colin Powell and Obama.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I AM WITH YOU GUNNER,I used to like Colin but ????????? screw him and Obama and every a-- hole who votes for him

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Something happened to this guy. I had the highest degree of respect for him, his performance in Desert Storm was excellent.

There has to be an untold part of this story. I can't believe a fine soldier could sell out in this manner. The power structure that we don't see had to have a hand in it.

HM

6. bgf

bgf Active Member

hm,

The 'untold' story is that Mr. Powell is looking for a job. Why wait till the 11th hour to get on Nobama's band wagon? He really is poed at the present admin. to cause a crossover. But, in the end, he is looking out for number one.

Bernie

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think ya'll mispronounced his name .....it's Colon Pile. Real pinnacle of moral judgment there fellas'.

8. caldridge5

caldridge5 TS Member

Colin powell,a Lad from the Islands that took Advantage of every Open Door!
    Whether Smarter than Swartzkoph or not makes no difference! The real deal is the Army that Ronald Regan left in Place a Blithering Idiot could Look good!
    Colin Powell does like most of Us,He takes the path of Least resistance! He drove Volvo's until He went to the White House!Be kind! Its Human to error its Devine to Forgive! Brezzy61

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I hope Colin Powells job and everything about him is ruined. He is now a disgrace to the uniform he wore, and a disgrace to the soldiers served under him, his choice of judgement is bad, maybe he has ALZHEIMERS.

I had respect, but now despise him.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

"Token", and "Quota" come to mind.

11. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Well, as ol' Rush said: "It is all about race." I mean, Ted Stevens was black, right?

12. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Not about race but it is about color. In Obama's case it is the color of his skin, in Stevens case it was the color of his money.

13. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I thought Colin Powell might be Presidential material at one time. Not now with this endorsement of Ocommie I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher...Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.