1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Colin Powel Comes Out In Favor of OBamba

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by XXPowder, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Colin Powel one of the most repected Americans and Ex Rep US Secretary of State came out in favor of O'bamba! He sited the picking of Sarah Palin as one of McCain's many mistakes in Judgement! Powel was also favored by many Repubicans to run for President, but decided not to run!

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Respected by who?

Surely not those on the Left for selling out to be Bush's Houseboy and surely not those on the right for selling out to be Obama's Houseboy

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Colon Plugged? Respected? LOL

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

IMO Colin Powell is simply looking for a job in the Obama administration. That is why he criticized Sarah Palen as unfit to lead the nation, said that Obama’s past associations with terrorists were not relevant and took issue with McCain’s negative campaign adds.

IMO, Sarah Palen is the brightest light in the campaign. IMO, she has the best character, values, insight and temperament of any of the presidential and vice presidential candidates. She also scares the liberals to death. I think that we will see more of Sarah in the future.

I wonder how much input Colin Powell had in ending the 1st gulf war too early? Did not the Kurds get slaughtered after siding with America and did we not have to go back to Iraq 10 years later to finish the job?

IMO, it would be terrible if we pull out of Iraq too early and allow Iran to slowly take over. If this happens, all of the wounded and dead and all of the money spent would be for nothing.

Ed Ward

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Who cares? It won't move anyone to vote either way...Hot Air Purposes Only!!

Curt

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

school teacher hit a home run, JOB

7. chuckles

chuckles Member

Colin Powell has always been a conflicted liberal...

A Democrat in Republican clothing...same as McCain...

so much for the Brotherhood of Arms...

When push came to shove, when the tires hit the pavement, Powell goes Racial...

Blood is thicker than water and Race is thicker than blood...

regards

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Powell may have just pushed some older white voters off the fence toward McCain. This action by Powell appears racial. There was no reason for him to speak up at this time unless it was planned.

9. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Powell was a cancer in the State Department and did everything he could to undermine the Bush presidency. He is a perfect example of no good deed going unpunished and what happens when you try to reach out to the left.

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It was definately planned

11. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Colin will be Colon!

12. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

I can't speak for anyone else, but as for me, Powell USED TO BE one of the most respected black peoploe in America.

With his endorsement of Obama, he has shown me that race is more important to him than the well being of the country.

Citing Palin's lack of experience as an excuse, while SUPPORTING Obama, a man with even LESS experience than Palin, only exposes the endorsement as a racial exercise and not a well thought out political opinion.

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

If the API release is authentic, it won't matter. Obama would not be eligible to run for President.

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

"ROOTS" ... Colin Powell of all people obviously is in favor of Obama because his "ROOTS" and not his abilitys to be anything other than a freeloading Politician with a smooth manner about him ... He is running ads where McCain sure isn't helping his cause by saying he voted with Bush over 90% of the time ... McCain/Palin 2008, changes we need if there is going to be a future ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. E.D. Va

E.D. Va TS Member

I would have respected Gen Powell IF he had in the past endorsed an Army Captain, with three-four years service time, to be his replacement on the Joint Services Committee. Makes just about as much sense. It's a shame that he has turned his back on "Country First" in favor of racial preference.

16. chessney

chessney TS Member

Well, well,well...I thought McSame put the nail in the coffin when he picked Gov. Palin ... After hearing that Collin P. backed Obama, I know the fat lady is clearing her throat...Gentelmen the ship has sunk!!! He blasted the Bush group and he said McSame is more of the same!!! I guess I'll start reading more Obama supported threads now that it's over from you turncoats!!!!!! Ziggy...

17. atashooter

atashooter Member

5 years ago the Brothers called him a Uncle Tom, now they kiss his butt since he went with Obama.... how 2 faced....

18. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Everyone says he is "respected". By Whom? I add, not for much longer if at all!

He has proven that color comes first and America is somewhere down the list. How come if 90+% of blacks were for Obame that would be OK but if 90+% of white were for McCain that would be racist?

Powell says he is concerned about about possibly Supreme Cort nominees. What a joke. Maybe he wants the job as Internal Security Force commander? Yes he served as Chief of the JCS but so what? I think his conduct in that capacity was less than stirling. I remember a reluctant Powell being dragged around by Cheney, unwilling to say much if anything about Iraq.

I did not "respect" him then and I certainly don't now.

19. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Both McCain and Powell spent a lot of their military careers in D.C. being infected by the intrigues of the politics there.

McCain went nearly directly to Congress after retiring from the Navy, and Powell hob-nobbed with the political elite after he retired from the Army.

It wouldn't be a stretch to believe that Powell was the recipient of large amounts of affirmative action largesse during his career.

Powell's openly affirmative action and pro-abortion, and when he floated the idea of a run for the Presidency, his numbers were high until he found that he would have to be a Republican or Democrat.

When my brother was stationed at the Naval Annex in Arlington, Va., I visited him on several occasions, and I was stunned at the number of O-6's there. Most appeared to be nothing more than briefcase carriers for flag officers.

Dennis

20. bb-84

bb-84 Member

Osamboy and Uncle Tom What a pair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.