1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cole Burton Youth Shooter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mr. Charles, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

Here are some pictures of young Cole:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cole's mom

Cole's mom TS Member

http://rendezvousprimitivearms.com/winter_league_sign_up.html

3. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

Try above. Nice pictures and accolades to Cole..

mc

4. Cole's mom

Cole's mom TS Member

Cole goes to Sparta On July 20. He will shoot July 21st and 22nd there. I will post everything here as how he and his team did as soon as I get back. I hope to be in touch with Mr Charles while we are there, perhaps he will chime in before me. wish him good shooting.

5. roger8918

roger8918 Member

July 21st and 22nd are Sporting Clays....23rd and 24th are Trap and Skeet

6. Cole's mom

Cole's mom TS Member

Hello all of you good people. I am very sorry I did not get back to earlier. After the long hard week in brutal weather, (who ever would call that a vacation, bumped their head!) the long flight home, rush back to work all week, I was so very tired. The weekend is finally here to catch up on things I had got behind on.
    Cole and his team did well with what they had to endure. they did place like 21st in 179 teams. Cole had issues with the gun thing, but he hung in there and did the best he could. He feels very bad he could not do better for all the good folks that supported him. He really wanted to be the best for all of you.

I did not realize they would enter him by his first name, He has always gone by Cole when he shoots, the only time they make him use Timothy is at school. He has and always will be Cole to me and all that know him.
    Cole did win 1st place in Gamaliel t-shirt contest. They will post it on their site after the grand is over Geoff told me. So, he won a case of shells. To bad it was the last day and shooting was done, we could not bring them home with us, so he traded them for a very nice Remington wooden box he wanted and I had to say no to. So all worked out for him there.
    We just can't thank you good people enough for helping him out though. I had hoped we would have got to meet some of you there, and I do hope we can return the favor to you in the future. This will never be forgotten.

Cole is in the process of getting his Thank You letters together and will be sending them to Jack to send on to the right people.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Nice shot Rose. Nice shot.

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Congrats to Cole, glad it all came together for him.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Ahhh, The Coachs fault ... Hope Cole never plays football and has the Coach I had ... By the way the Coach is never wrong and does things for a reason, believe it or not ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Sorry Cole's Mom, I have a real problem with the coach bashing tone to your post. Granted it was hot...but every kid out there had to shoot in the same heat. And I stopped complaining about my 14 hour drive from PA after I heard that the Arizona team drove 25 hours.<br><br>
    I agree with WPT, the coach has a plan....and usually they're the only one willing to step up and put one together. Did having him listed as Timothy lose him a few targets? Here is a tip....next year you be Cole's coach.<br><br>
    My kids were there all 4 days until 5pm (they shot the trap event also)....and that's because I could not get them to stop playing the games, demoing the guns, and looking in all the shops.<br><br>
    ...for the record Cole's squad finished 25th out of 52 Varsity squads.<br><br>
    Good luck Cole...I hope things work out better for you next year!<br>
    Roger

11. JACK

Lighten up a bit. She is a mom.

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I would agree that it would be best not to bash the coach. That was also my impression from reading the posts. These guys do a lot to provide opportunities for the kids.

MIA and Mr. Charles are wonderufl for helping as well! You guys are simply great to have helped Cole out. I hope Cole continues to shoot well and compete. I see he did very well at his state shoot. Congratulations to Cole on his accomplishments this year.

Of course, Roger's team is very dear to my heart, and I have to congratulate them on their awesome performance at the Grand, too. Luke has become a real force with which to contend.

13. roger8918

roger8918 Member

I'm sorry MIA if you disagree but this is very cut and dry for me. Parents are the ones who need to hear this. How would you like to be the coach who logs on tomorrow to read those comments?

14. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

This thing gets weirder by the day........

Lady comes on a TRAP forum and begs for donations to send her son to SCTP finals in Sparta.

Now we see he shot Sporting Clays not Trap and she comes on here and basically blames the coach for her son's mediocre scores... ??

I want to see kids do well and be given every chance to succeed and grow with the sport. It looks like Cole is a good kid with talent.

But............. Mom, your not helping your kids future with comments like that.

SW

15. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

When my kids decided to shoot trap they didn't ask for a hand out or wasn't givin one. They worked there tails off and purchased guns, ammo and all the other goodies one needs to shoot. I for one does not believe in a free ride for anyone unless there is a disability thing keeping them from working and this boy looks like he doesn't have any of those issues. Like I tell my boys. If you want it bad enough you better get out and getter done.

It is a little disturbing to me that one would want donations for a trip to the grand. I wish I could go to the grand and the reason I don't is I cant afford it.

It appears that the dumb ones here are the ones doing the donating.

16. WonderBoy

WonderBoy TS Member

Not for nothing, but I have been on both sides of this. I can now afford to shoot what I want, when I want. At one time I asked for handouts and was lucky enough to get a couple short term sponsors. There is NOT a person out there shooting trap that wasn't handed down something at sometime. I am sure that everyone at some point borrrowed a gun, ammo, supplies, ect... especially when you were first introduced to the sport. I do agree with the fact that you shouldn't be blaming the coach. But rather thanking him for his time. I've been a registered shooter for over 15 years starting out as a SJ, at somepoint everyone gets something.

17. JACK

Goose2. I come from a family of giving. I give to others at evey turn. Money when proper, encouragemnt always, and a way forward when there is a fork in the road. If that is "dumb", so be it.

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Not dumb. It was from the heart. Never dumb.

19. HUNTER64

HUNTER64 Member

I was at the SCTP shoot all four days. It was hot and hard to keep kids focused in 95 degree heat. I am a coach of 5 and was in charge of the rookie teams 5th grade and under. There was a mix up the first two days and the head coach was at the end of barrel. He was blamed for giving the kids the wrong times to shoot and they sat in 90 degree heat for 6 hours waiting. After said and done a 7,8,11 year old handled it better than any other of our teams. The rookie team took 2nd in sporting clay's and 3rd in Trap. This team who I have been with all year shakes everyone's hands and thanks us every day they shoot. My two boy's who shoot on these 2 teams both got new trap guns this year. They have a debt at home which they have worked off over 500$ dollars of it in 3 months, mowing,weed eating, cleaning, picking produce, etc...The one thing I teach these kids is life is not fair, but you are very lucky to get to shoot clay's and respect everyone involved in the sport. I have seen both of my kids name mispelled on score cards several times, but thats life and you are there to have fun. The coaches of these teams work their tales off, the least we can do is respect them.

20. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Live and learn, bet that won't happen again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.