1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold weather shooting gloves

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sernv99, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

My Footjoy cold weather golf gloves crapped out on me and these gloves were hardly used. See pic below. I really liked these gloves but if they don't last long, I would rather find something better.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a non-bulky cold weather shooting glove besides Footjoy? I became aware of MacWet gloves, from England, but do not know much about them.

http://www.macwet.com/products/buy-climatec-long.php

Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I use batters gloves, they seem to last forever ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have used GunGlove winter gloves for about four years now. This year one of the seams let go, They have always absorbed water and the finger are a little too long and I don't have small hands. This has always been a problem reaching for another shell in the box in the pouch.

4. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I've shot here in NE Ohio for 33 years. I only use regular golf gloves such as Footjoy Stay Soft on both hands. These gloves lasts about 2 years then I just get another pair. Never had an issue with cold hands during a round of trap. Got so use to these gloves that I wear these same gloves during the summer; now sweat, that's another issue. I've shot both of my trapguns and have never fired either guns with my naked finger. I don't even know what it feels like. BT100dc

5. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

With golf gloves on I don't think that its very cold out !!!
    Alaska

6. James344

James344 Active Member

My 15 yr old son and I really like our Mechanixwear gloves in the cold and warm. Granted, his fingers feel the extreme cold, like in last weeks spring league in Ohio (28 deg, with 15 mph winds in your face) but he survived and his hands warmed back up rather quickly. He's had the same pair for a couple of years now. They make several different types, and you can maintain a good grip. Auto Zone, Lowe's, or Wally-Mart sell them. Sometimes you can get 2 pair for the price of one if you watch the sales flyers.

7. Dave P

That's why you buy winter gloves is to protect your fingers. I could wear finger protectors alone if they made such a thing. Hell I sweat in the winter in my Chameau shooting coat.

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Another vote for Gungloves. Get the right size.

9. Mapper

Mapper Member

The very best I ever wore were the old Bob Allen lined shooting gloves. I wore them out working in the winter, surveying and mapping.

10. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

Check out Gripswell shooting gloves. They are the best I've found, just get the right size.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've found if you use a Waist Muffler with a Zippo hand warmer, the combo will not only keep your hands warm but your belly as well. Using this setup with regular golf gloves and you hands will never be cold. Oh! And some battery heated socks as well.

12. Dave P

Anyone make heated gloves like heated socks?

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Dave,

Do what I do on the really cold days. I take a smallish catalytic heat packet (searching for the right words here) and slip it into the back of my glove. That keeps the whole hand warm. Next year, I am going with Bob Allen gloves, the heat packet and my Jone style hand warmer made in South Korea. Far better than USA Jone'. I'll get you the name of it if you like.

BTW. Bob Allen now buys their gloves from China. Not a big deal as the quality is good. But they sell out and are sold out till they get they annual shipment in from China in May. I have them on back order.

I shoot a release and the leather on the glove tends to slow the release to the point of missing targets for that timing reason. this year I am going to put some silicone on the area of the glove that holds the blade. Normally I cut off the end of the index trigger finger glove and have worn a golf glove.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
c old weather shooting gloves
cold weather shooting glove trap

cold weather shooting gloves

cold weather shooting gloves arctic shield
cold weather shooting gloves canada
coldweather shooting gloves
gripswell shooting gloves
tpranc old weather shooting gloves