1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Cold Weather Shooting Coats

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P Active Member

Anyone bought a good one for cold weather this year? What kind, from where, how much, and are you happy with it even though it hasn't gotten too cold yet? Thanks, Dave
  2. ron y

ron y TS Member

try a wild hare cold weather coat,wear mine with some polyprope long johns and its really warm,,,ron
  3. maka

maka TS Member

Recob Target Shop: Wild Hare, Browning, and Bob Allen. $75 - 125 range. 1-800-359 4571 Good Luck.
  4. Baber

Baber TS Member

SHOOT THE MOON Has a great fleece coat. Its done in the 'Polarc' Fleece. Its great.

Tom
  5. open choke

open choke TS Member

I know browning has a couple. An even the bird hunting gear too but those are orange and brown color

I got an Under Armour ski jacket on the clearance rack over the summer for 60.00 regularly 280.00

It has Gore tex and everything else and its not bulky. But now that I want to use it we are getting mid 50'S in November in NY. Go figure.

I'm not complaining but ironic; if I wasn't prepared it would be 20 now
  6. Carmen

Carmen Member

Awsome Jacket

http://www.riverswest.com/shooting_jacket.html
  7. Beni

Beni TS Member

Hey open choke where in NY do you shoot ?? beni
  8. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team TS Member

John Storm Shooting Jacket with a liner the best. see link above
  9. open choke

open choke TS Member

Long island
  10. djcuda

djcuda Member

As mentioned above.John Storm coats are the best.
    Dave
  11. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

I have the Shoot The Moon polar tech,17* below last week,under armor,sweat shirt and t shirt with my Cahart Artic bibs and was good to go.

And good luck finding a Wild Hare jacket in any size other than medium,I spoke to several different vendors a few months ago and all said they would not be making anymore until next year sometimes,Wild Hare never did answer the phone.
  12. IcySwan1

IcySwan1 TS Member

[​IMG]

It warmed up to -18F last night and we shot skeet. A local company makes Arctic gear. The Quest jacket is not for the most severe conditions, but with the fleece liner works well for these temparatures. Since the parkas are locally made, shooters modify the front pockets to shell pouches that hold about 50 shells in each pocket. It may be be overkill for the Lower 48, but works well in Alaska. Here is a link. http://www.akgear.com/parka1.html

Mike
  13. nutty1

nutty1 TS Member

john storm, plus hes' a hoot to talk to on the phone, and has excellent customer service, super warm w/ liner
  14. Thewildones

Thewildones TS Member

Wild Hare International. Go to website and click on specials. Very nice cold weather shooting jackets at very reasonable prices.
  15. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Active Member

I like the looks of the John Storm jacket but can you get one with your own name instead of the coat manufacturer's name across the upper left pocket?
  16. Dave P

Dave P Active Member

Thanks for all the replys. The fairly priced coats all seem to be out of stock or discontinued and the others are out of my means. What happened to the Brownings and Bob Allen's? Few selections.
  17. DODGEMAN

DODGEMAN Member

I love my John Storm winter shooting coat and yes I have my name over the pocket.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.