1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold Weather Shooting Coat

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by John55, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John55

John55 Active Member

I need to buy a new winter shooting coat and wondered what other shooters are using these days. I prefer not to have any elastic band or other constricting stuff around the waist. It needs to have insulation of some sort as our winter temps can be a little or a lot below freezing. I've looked in Cabelas and other online places and so far haven't turned up anything like what I'm after. Any help or ideas appreciated!

2. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Here are a few places. Probably missed some...but its a start. Just copy and paste.

www.cjshootingapparel.com/coats.htm

www.backfence-sportswear.com

https://tp-commerce.techpro.com/shotgunveststm/shopdisplaycategories.asp

www.nicashooting.com/cart/1/Jackets.htm

www.stormshooting.com

http://wildhareintl.com/avactis/product-list.php?Shooting_jacket-pg1-cid12.html

http://www.bob-allen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=60

3. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

I have a CJ's with a liner. It definately keeps the rain out, but it could be a little warmer. When it gets real cold and dry I prefer my old Bob Alln down insulated coat. I am going to try the wild hare cold weather coat this winter. All the best.

J.F.

4. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

I have a Wild Hare coat and it is very nice and very well made. Insulated for use in cold weather, but also features a roomy cut so that layering is possible in very cold weather. We get some of that here in Western NY. Bought mine at Gamiel and am very pleased with it.

Chris

5. John55

John55 Active Member

Thanks folks, I'll check them all out!

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

You may want to look into something that has an adjustable elastic band about the waist. I've shot a lot in the cold and at times a good draft can be felt, going up your backside, because the back isn't snug.

ss

7. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

You want fashion? How about Saks? They have a suede-trim Chambrey shirt. Great looking shirt. The denim looking one is 100 bucks. And they have it in brown/Kakki also for 70 bucks. I think I'm going to get one. Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.