1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

cold weather glove help needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RobPete, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobPete

RobPete Member

I'm looking for a pair of cold weather gloves. A guy that I shoot with has a really nice pair of browning lined(insulated) leather gloves. However, he said that he wasn't sure if they were still made. I liked that they were really tight and non-bulky. I searched everywhere and couldn't find that particular glove.

Any recommendations for something comparable? I'd like to keep it under $50.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. mt6

mt6 TS Member

This is the best I have shot with in all types.

Wayne Lyman

3. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Winter golf gloves work great down to about 35 degrees or so. They're thin enough for a good feel, and the leather gives a nice grip. They're only about $20 a pair. I get two seasons out of them, and shoot just about every weekend. I also have some silk glove liners I wear underneath them for when it's a little colder. When it's really cold I'll add a chemical warmer pack placed against the inside of my wrist (where the blood flows close to the skin).

LMS

4. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

The warmest pair of leather insulated shooting gloves I've found are the (deluxe plain) made by Grip Swell.

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Not knowing how cold the conditions you want to protect against... I just bought a few pairs of the promotional shooting gloves from Orvis @ $9.95/pair with free shipping.

A form fitting synthetic ultra-suede with a loop and hook (velcro) closure, in sage/black. At this price, you couldn't go wrong! Visit the Orvis website at www.orvis.com , click the hunting link and the gloves should appear on the page in a red box... otherwise, use the search box and type in 2C9K and they should come up...

regards all,

jay

6. RobPete

RobPete Member

I guess temps would have been helpful. I'm not a fair weather shooter. That said, I will be out there in the single digits. When it gets that cold, we do rotate in and out of the clubhouse. I realize that no thin glove is going to hold up very long in freezing weather, but I'd like something that can get me through a round......or at least almost through.......

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

I'm in Idaho and have used these gloves quite a bit to get me through the winter trap rounds in the 20s & 30s... they're not as warm as a ski glove of course but your trigger finger won't feel much bulk with these. They fit well and aren't restrictive like some winter gloves.

I've seen a lot of archery gloves that look like they'd be good candidates too, as they're not bulky at all.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Various police supply websites have many glove options, and I have seen some of them highly recommended here.

HM

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

As Larry stated...Winter Golf Gloves!

Curt

10. new loader

new loader Member

Check the local motorcycle shops. They may have something.

11. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Seems to me the warmest solution is to relocate to a warmer climate. No need for "warm" gloves here in the Sunshine State. Warmest reguards, Jake

12. Surfside6

Surfside6 TS Member

The Gun Glove. I have never had a better shooting glove. The winter glove is very warm. You might not need that heavy. I use the medium weight in winter ( New York )and my hands never get chilled. Tom

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have tried several, but for me nothing beats the brown cloth work gloves sold at hardware stores. They don't last real long by at 10 pair for $12.00, who cares.

Pat Ireland

14. RobPete

RobPete Member

Thanks for all of the responses. I ended up going with a pair of Foot Joy Wintersof golf gloves. They have an amazing feel and have 40 gram thinsulte. The best part was that they were only $20 at my local Dick's.

15. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I have used those winter golf gloves from Dick's for a couple of winters with good results.

16. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Hey you guys... Thanks. I shoot in the cold stuff. And I learned something.

17. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

I bought some work gloves similar to Mechanics Wear gloves from Menards on sale for $4.99 per pair. They look just like the $40 pistol shooters gloves.

I would not waste my money on Browning gloves I had a pair of the black and tan ones they lasted less than two months, I guess thats what ya get for $30 bucks made by the cheena (china) guys....................JUNK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And before I get the cheap shots taken , ya the Menards gloves are Suzi Wong also but the are heavy and cost $5 bucks like they should!

18. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

This is what I use in the winter. They usually last several years. I use the regulan(non thinsulate) in the summer and they last a whole season.
    http://www.doversaddlery.com/ssg-all-weather-winter-riding-gloves/p/X1-39049/cn/1539/

19. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I like Gortex Gloves for winter shooting. Thin and warm enough.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.