1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold weather and PROMO powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by clydep, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clydep

clydep Member

From an earlier post I had asking for help with Promo powder and cold weather efficency. Turns out ROSS and JIM101 hit a home run. The trouble was not the powder at all, but the Blue Duster wad teamed up with my .750 bore Kolar. Several of my shooting friends shoot Blue Dusters, and several shoot Promo in tighter bore guns and are encountering no problems. I tried the REM FIGURE 8 and the DOWNRANGE XL wads today with PROMO and 1 1/8 oz. loads and encountered no problems. The temp. was 22 degrees with wind chills down to 10. Thanks guys for your help........Clydep

2. neo

neo Member

7/8 & 1 oz loads in 12 ga needs Winchester or Federal primers when it gets cold.neo

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Clydep Glad our suggestion helped, I found out that the Rem. fig.8s & TGTs worked the best for me under all conditions that I have shot in. Hunting pheasants & ducks in very cold northern Iowa winters to targets in mid summer I am from N.E. Iowa, (had to move away in 1986) where it does get cold & you know how some here on TS complain about the HEAT in Vandalia & Sparta in the summer. I do occasionally use Claybuster clones in reasonable temps. Shoot well & often, & break em all they don't give any refunds for the ones you miss at the clubs I shoot at. (chuckle) Ross Puls-- now in Ga.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.