1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold remedies

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hairy, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hairy

hairy TS Member

I caught a terrible cold over the weekend. What do you do to ease the discomfort and miserable feeling?

2. otnot

otnot Active Member

Try hot Sake.

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I've hear that a good sweat over a hot body will do wonders!

But seriously, if someone knows, I'd try it about now.

Damn, why can't they at least cure the common cold............before it kills me!

Hauxfan!

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Let's see.....

If you take medication, the Cold goes away in 2 weeks...

If you don't take medication, the cold goes away in 14 days...

Remember the old Dupont Co. slogan..."Better Living through Chemistry"

Get well soon...

Curt

5. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Hairy, try saturating a tablespoonful of sugar with some good whiskey. It won't make your cold go away faster, but it will ease the itchy throat. Take enough, and you won't care about your misery.

Best,
    Dennis

6. IM390

IM390 Member

Go buy Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar in the quart glass bottle only. Mix two tablespoons with 8 oz of water and drink that three times a day with each meal. Dilute the vinegar until it is drinkable or add a little honey to make it palletable. Your cold will be gone within a couple of days.

The Vinegar acidifies your body and the virus cannot reproduce in an acid environment, so you kill it. Real Apple Cider Vinegar also includes dead viruses and bacteria that were around in the manufacturing process and when consumed build your inmune system, just like a flu shot. Unfortunately, only the glass bottle of Heinz and a few other manufacturers still make it properly. Larger sizes of even Heinz are made with grain and have added coloring to make them look like apple cider vinegar. Read the label.

7. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmmmm....a pint of cheap whiskey and a blonde floozy. Take them to bed with you and use them both all up!

Don't know if it will kill your cold, but you will be a lot happier!

8. Bridger

Bridger Member

I'm just getting over a cold and the drug that helped me the most was MucinexD. It's expensive but it really seemed to control all the mucus and help relieve the sinus congestion. Lots of stuff available and much of it the same just marketed under different labels.

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

A good afternoon at the local steam room is probably the best. The heated steam to open up your sinuses, and the higher temperature to help kill the virus.

Recently someone told me about ZICAM. It is a jelled substance you put in and around the inside base of your nose.

I got a head cold from someone who coughed all over me at church Oct 7th. The annual pheasant opener was the 20th and I did NOT want to be sick for that. I came down with the head cold sure as heck, and used the ZICAM. My wife swears that it shortened a 3 week cold recovery to about 9-10 days. I wouldn't bet my life on it, but for about $10 it was worth a try.

Whiz

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Zycam works awesome if you use it when you feel the cold first starting. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be used as a preventative, rather than a treatment.

11. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

I have found that Zycam works to lessen the symptoms even if I am a day or two late getting started with it.

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Old Mr. Boston Apricot Brandy

13. JH

JH Well-Known Member

I caught a HORRIBLE cold some weeks ago and was told about Zicam and Airborne (vitamin megadoses in an Alka Seltzer-like tablet). A nurse friend of mine uses both as a preventative and early-stage cold cure and strongly recommended it. I was a believer in MucinexDM until I tried Zicam (you want the one with the jelled Q-tips)....

The stuff is miraculous....amazing, the best there is. Period. It will diminish the cold symptoms and shorten the duration of your cold. Guaranteed!

I was able to shoot in Vegas when I was about to cancel the trip.

14. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

I've had good success in shortening or stopping a cold by taking zinc gluconate lozenges. When I first notice the symptoms of a cold I start taking them and those symptoms go away in 3-4 days. I buy the generic ones at my local grocery store or Wally-World.

15. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

CURE FOR COMMON COLDS

Olive Leaf supplements 6% Oleuropein about 500 mg 4tabs 3 times a day
    Monolaurin supplements 300 mg 3 tabs 3 times a day
    Vit A supplements 50,000 IU 1 time per day

Olive leaf is virus killer , So is vit A also Olive leaf Kills bacteria
    and fugus ! Monolaurin strips the coatings of the cells infected with the virus
    Then Olive leaf Kills the Virus Vit A compliments the effectiveness of Olive leaf 1-2 punch . This really works well ! Try it and write back to me !

Pat Kelley

16. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Zicam or Soother's lozenges at the very first sign of a cold. It may not shorten the misery, but either one seems to lessen the severity and helps keep it out of your chest. Mucinex helps to break loose all of the crap if it does get in the chest. Although the bottle and the Blonde sounds like more fun! :)

17. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Or you could wear a copper bracelet. Some preferr a buckeye in you right pocket. This is supposed to be preventitive, so for the cure you have to insert the buckeye into your rectum. Don't tell anyone though, they will laugh.

18. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

hairy.......get in bed with the biggest woman you can find for four days. Six blankets, of course!

19. hairy

hairy TS Member

I appreciate the suggestions everyone.

I'm still hanging on, but it sures feels like I'm terminol this time. The cold is one thing but I'm sure I've contracted bubonic plague and typhoid also. Would blackberry brandy be good for those?

Anyway, I've got around 60 flats of traploads left. That would be 10 flats for each of my pallbearers. They are only 2¾ dram 8's.

Just put down a cup of Thera Flu. Yuck....awfull stuff.

Well I just thought I'd get on ts.com one last time before I'm gone.

20. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

I've never tried Zicam, so can't comment there. I always rely on Actifed at night, works great to let me sleep, and Sudafed during the day, to keep sinuses clear. The Airborne tablets seem to be a miracle drug, but only as a preventative, like when you board a plane or visit the grandkids. Phil E

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.