1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

COINS for sale

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Selling these for my dad.. I will pay the shipping and insurance 41 rolls of state quarters, 6 of them are in the plastic tubes, all came from our local bank, some have the state wrote on the outside, not many maybe 4 or 5.I know one of the Alaska is heads on both ends.. 2 of the rolls that are in the plastic tubes have some tarnish on a few of the quarters outer edge.. There are 2 rolls of Andrew Jackson dollars, 1 roll George Washington dollars and one roll John Adams dollars. Here are the states and amounts for the quarters ak-2 az-2 co-2 hi-2 ia-1 mt-1 ne-2 id-2 mn-2 nd-2 ok-2 or-3 sd-2 tn-1 tx-1 ks-2 nv-2 wa-2 wi-4 wy-2 wv-2. there is one roll of 2006 nickles.. wanting to sell all as a group. $800.00 firm. personal check fine, would like to clear it before shipping. If you want to check me out go to ebay, look up tennesseemedicineman I have over 4000 positive feedbacks! thanks! Keith
    blkcloud_2009_221149.jpg

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Exscuse my ignorance, not trying to be rude, I have to ask.

Why are these worth more than face value?

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The error coins are highly sought after. Collectors seek out error coins of all sorts. Same was true with stamp collecting and baseball cards. I don't know the answer to the other coins though. I'm curious as well.

4. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

They are collector items.. people buy them because they are a one time run.. plus uncirculated.. Personally I have no interest in them either.. look on ebay completed auctions and you can figure their value, i did a quick search to estimate what they will sell for and came up with something in the neighborhood of 950.00.. if I sold them 1 roll at a time.. I dont really have the time right now to list them individually but if they dont sell on here i'll do that.. thanks!

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Thanks,

As Carson once said "I did not know that".

6. EEB

EEB Member

If they came from a bank local to you they are not uncirculated. If they came from the Mint to you then they would be uncirculated.

7. shelly

shelly TS Member

Uncurculated is a grade and the rules regarding grade are very specific. Just because coins haven't been circulated doesn't mean thair grade is "uncirculated". It's best to contact a coin dealer if there is any question.

BTW, isn't there a whole category for things for sale?

8. EEB

EEB Member

BryanF - To answer your question: to a collector it does matter where the coins were acquired. Uncirculated is less a condition than it is a status. Coins (and currency) are put into circulation by the Federal Reserve Banks by fulfilling requests for cash from local banks. If a collector buys coins and currency from the US Mint, the Fed banks are bypassed and the coin or note is considered uncirculated because it was never put into circulation by being shipped to a bank. Long answer to a short question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.