1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Coin/Token operated trap machine.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wylekiot, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wylekiot

wylekiot TS Member

Would like to hear comments about token operated trap machines. Anyone that has had any experience useing or working with them, lets hear the pros or cons, likes and dislikes. Appreciate all advice. Thanks, Ken

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Nothing not to like. They work just fine. Keeps management on their toes as far as machine maintenance goes. HMB

3. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Not to mention the target "shrinkage" goes down!!

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

There's 2 or 3 brands, maybe more, including Briley. Can we get some comments on which ones would be most desireable from those with experience?---Bob Dodd

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Our club uses the type now sold by Bob Shultz Target Shotguns. No problems to speak of. We have it set to allow 28 birds per token to all for "let's see ones" and broken targets. Works well unless you get a chatty group that sets off a lot of targets by accident; however, they learn fast.

Buy more tokens than you think you need. Many people buy a bunch, then lose some, or never use them. I have a bunch on my dresser that I ALWAYS forget to bring, then I have to buy more.

6. 154

154 TS Member

San Diego Shotgun Sports uses an electronic card system that is very impressive.

B. Whacket

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The smart card would be great but a card loss cost more than the targets you sold. Tokens are only eight cents each and you sell them for 3 dollars, or whatever your rounds cost.

I used the Briley system at Ben Avery, it seemed ok other than we put in our tokens and the couple ahead shot extra targets that were ours. GRRRR!

Machines have to work perfect.

A system with one box per field if you have trap and skeet is preferable.

We tried to put in a system in at our club and sent them back when the boxes went up in smoke. Some of these companies have already went out of business.

Buyer beware.

HM

8. 154

154 TS Member

halfmile; That is why GC request DL's before the card is issued so if, you lose the card you pay for the card or you do not get your DL back.

B. Whacket

9. break25

break25 TS Member

Question.
    At 28 birds per man/token OR 115 PER 5 MEN, when does the machine shut down?
    Do you get problem that the extra 15 birds can be shot after the 100?

Seems the card sounds the best.

Chazz

10. halfmile

break25, the honorable thing is to hit the cancel button when your squad is done, and not steal the extra targets.

At least that was my take on it.

HM

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

No one with good experience that can name their choice?

12. starship

starship TS Member

Club uses a football (rounded ends) shaped coin. I haven't seen any problems with the system. Use it on 3 trap fields and two skeet fields.

It does throw three or four extra targets and some make a point to shoot them and some don't. It definately makes everyone pay up front, no more I'll go in later and catch up.

Haven't heard anyone complain about them. The only drawback is that if you want to shoot doubles. They set the trap to throw them but the coin machine doesn't know the difference so you put in one coin shoot a round of doubles and then go into the clubhouse and leave another coin to make up for it.

13. break25

break25 TS Member

Any latest Comments or vendors?

Chazz

14. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

If your club staff will not keep machines up to snuff, DO NOT USE THEM.

15. halfmile

It seems to me this is like the voice puller scenario. As soon as someone has a system that works decent and doesn't eat maintenance dollars, it should sell like hot cakes.

I think right now there are still too many makers and types of systems, and it will be another year or so before the weak ones drop.

There is not a big enough market for industry to supply a reliable fool proof setup yet.

Our town would have 2 customers. Our state might have 20. HOw can you manufacture something decent for such a small amount of sales?

That's why what's out there is so pitiful, either overpriced or junk in my opinion.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bradley coin-operated trap machine

cost of token operated skeet machines

how to set up doubles on coin trap machine

token operated skeet machines

token operated trap shooting machines