1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

coin operated thrower

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jhmorrisn, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

We are a one trap club e/w no clubhouse. Therefore the trap house is not open to most of the members.

To make it open to more members, the option of a coin-operated trap was brought up.

Now then, who make them and which ones are the good ones?

Jim

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Bob Schultz ahs a system as well as Briley. Research. Jake

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Jacksonville (Florida) I think has the Briley system, but not sure as they made a change a while back.

Works very well.

Jacksonville takes very good care of its machines and rarely a broken target due to same.

Better to use with a button than voice release.

4. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

You should be aware that these coin-op machines take tokens, not quarters. You buy the tokens from the same folks you buy the coin-op machine from. This is not a problem. The problem is, if you don't have a club house or someone around all the time who has tokens, how does the average club member on a Wednesday morning get tokens if he didn't purchase them last weekend from the member who's in charge of tokens? This is the problem we've been trying to resolve at our club.

5. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

At the club I am at the trap took tokens or a $5.00 bill which was more expensive than a normal round but didn't give change so on the off days with money it would cost a little more

6. shootsun

shootsun TS Member

Why not have a coin operated token machine?

Shane

7. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

Shane; If the traphouse is located in a rural area, how would a club guarantee some dubious characters from sneaking around at night and smashing the machine to get to the $coins? If a club uses tokens specific to the machines, those tokens are worthless anywhere but on the trap field. If there's some type of gate and secured area, the coin-op would certainly work. Unfortunately, most clubs, including ours, have no way of securing the area the skeet and trap houses are.

8. skeezix

skeezix Member

We have the Briley token machines (they are made by Matarelli). they work fine. button or voice call. We've looked into installing a token dispenser in the clubhouse - so such a thing is available (I think it was $1,200 - $1,500 I don't recall)- but there is the security issue that you have to deal with. I don't think you'd want a coin operated trap - just because of the security issue. The tokens are much safer. You can set the machine up in different ways - ours count 26 targets when you put in a token - that gives you 5 extra for a full squad. I've also seen where the first token gives you 27, and the rest give 25 or 26. They are wired such that it is easy to zero them out.

john

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

coin operators for trap machines