1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee Makers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Go Fish, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

Everyone knows a trapshooter can not get started with their cup of coffee. Has anyone had experience with the Hamilton Beach carafeless style coffee makers? I am looking at the 10-12 cup Summit models. Highly rated by Comsumer's Report.

Ed Fish
    Racine, WI

2. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Ed..I got a hamilton beach for Christmas and am delighted with it. My model makes either a carafe or a two cup travel mug on the other side with a switch to select what you want. I use the two cup version in the morning and set it up on the timer to brew a six cup pot to take to work in a thermos in the afternoon. They run from 79-89 dollars at walmart or on line. Cheaper than the k-cup makers and much more versitle as you have a choice. Comes with permanent filter on the travel mug side. good luck ed nichols

3. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Trapperwads, what model number is your maker ?

Thx Bill

4. trapperwads

It says model 49980Z on the bottom. Best bet is to go to the Hamilton Beach website ...sometimes they have deals. Look for the one with a glass carafe on the right side and a stainless travel mug on the left as you look at the coffe maker picture from the front. good luck. ed

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Get a Keurig.
    Fresh coffee each cup.
    Yummmmm.

Gene in Illinois

6. Bob M

Bob M Member

The travel mug feature looks cool Trapperwads. We have bought several more expensive ones and the quality of the cup of coffee really, IMHO, comes down to good water and good beans. Good water and good, fresh beans in a $15 Walmart special drip machine will be better than a high dollar coffee maker and ghetto store brand pre-ground coffee.

7. APrice

APrice Active Member

I second the Keurig!!

8. trapperwads

At work we have a Black and Decker that takes the Keurig cup inserts. At much less cost. Apparently B&D cut a deal to use the Keurig technology. There are also Kuerig inserts available so you can use your own brand of coffee in them. They are washable and reuseable. TV ads claim this system costs five cents per cup as opposed to 70 cents per cup using the widely available already filled with coffee inserts. But none of this makes any difference, as its up to each individual which system he or she likes best and the money they want to spend. ed

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Love my Keurig one cup and it works out for me because I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning. If I were to drink more than this I would look to a conventional drip machine.

Also I found a good substitute for the K-cups at Safeway. It is similar to the K-cups but the sides and bottom are a mesh bag and the sell for about 1/2 of what you see K-cups going for at Walmart. The Italian roast is particularly good.

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Just got a Breville Grind & Brew...haven't unpacked it yet....

11. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

I have a Ronnoco 3 burner for my trap range dont know if they still make them,makes GREAT coffee I buy Folgers packs,Dan

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Our coffee maker quit so my wife came home with a Keurig. I cussed her up and down about it. Now I love the damn thing. Quick and simple to use and a hell of a lot easier to clean up. I love how it makes just one cup at a time. Great for making a cup for the road instead of having to make a whole pot. Of course she said "I told you so".

I like the Garden Grove medium roast K-Cups. $7.98 for 18 of them at Wal Mart.

13. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I have gone to a french press for my two cups in the morning. Best tasting coffee I have ever had.

14. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Just got a new Keurig Vue-Cup model and absolutely love it! Favorite coffee is Sumatra Reserve. ....Rick

15. dhip

dhip Active Member

Have a Hamilton for during the week coffee,Keurig for weekends or special coffees,Both work fine.Luv th Carmel Cappacino fron the Keurig though.

Doug H.

16. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Mr. Coffee 12 cup programmable at sears. About $30 makes a great pot of coffee in about 15 minutes. I had one it lasted about 3 years I use it every day. It was getting slow would take up to 30 min to brew a pot. So I bought a new one. Took the old one apart and replaced the water hose, Now I have 2 that work like new. LOL

Chuck

17. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Bought a cheapee from Walmart for $20.00; in this area it's not the coffee maker but the water that ruins a coffee maker, although I have city water from wells. I filter the water and the coffee makers last for years with daily use. I don't bother to run vinegar through it but the filtered water is a must. BT100dc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.