1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee maker info ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Looks like our troublesome Bunn machine is destined fro the trash. The Admiral wants a Keurig. Appreciate any info pluses, minuses & what model to buy?

Phil Berkowitz

2. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I use Taster's Choice by Nescafe, Instant coffee!

Allen

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Hooked on Keurig - spending more on coffee but not dumping any down the sink drain and every cup is perfect. My "Admiral" likes a different brew, so we have no conflicts - she gets her "Donut Shop" blend and I get my New Orleans robust and she can have tea, hot chocolate or any number of different drinks, one cup at a time. Going back to a regular drip maker might save a few $$ but I'd almost have to give up coffee.

Rich

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Just get a $40 Bodum Coffee press and you will never go back to an electric. I buy good cofee for $7 a lb, grind it as I use it and the cost is 15 cents a cup

5. higun

higun Member

Phil

Listen to the Admiral. Keurig is the only way to go!

I've had mine for many years. One cup at a time and the same every time.

Check wwwcoffeewhiz.com for supplies.

6. rudifer81

rudifer81 TS Member

You will not be dissapointed with a Keurig, less waste, and more varities to choose from. I sure would be lost without mine.

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

You can buy the premeasured coffees at places like Sam's club, where the come packaged in 80 count units for around $40.00 or 50 cents a cup.

You will get a little basket you can fill with your favorite ground or home ground coffee to bring your cost down a little more.

Had our machine for around a year now and quite happy with it.

8. ctreay

ctreay Member

Keurig here also. We have had it two years or so now. We like it.

ctreay

9. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I use a Sunbeam C50 vacuum maker that I bought on Ebay. It makes the best dang coffee I've ever had. Solid copper construction with chrome plating, makes a perfect 195-200 degree cup of joe. Better than a French press because there is no coffee sediment. Better than a drip maker because it holds the coffee brewing water at the a perfect temperature 200-205 degrees and no hotter.

The "admiral" won' like it though...too old school and the cups are 6oz cups.

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

We have a Keurig in our office, our house, and the camper. The Admiral likes Chai, hot chocolate, and tea. The swabby likes Half-Caf. Everyone in our office likes different blends, so we're all happy. Pretty tough to beat when you have multiple users.

11. APrice

APrice Active Member

Another vote for Keurig!

12. cjkostic

cjkostic Member

Sipping a cup of Keurig-brewed java right now. My wife wanted this thing; I did not -- too complicated, coffee too expensive!! Being the nice guy I am, I surprised her with one for a gift. Now I am the one who would never be without it. We all deserve some of the nice things in life.

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Can't beat the Keurig!! No more wasting the rest of the pot because it got too strong,. More expensive but well worth it. Sam's club usually has them on sale for $129 with a small selection of coffees with it. Mike.

There was a thread on the Keurig about 5 months ago you may want to do a search.

14. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Sunbeam C50????

I can't believe what the prices being asked for those.............looks like the suspcious devixe sitting on top of the North Korean rocket.

That is one mean looking coffe maker. Glad you are enjoying it omgb!!!!

15. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I've got a C30 and a C20 too. These old coffee makers are built to last.

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Go for the Keurig! Why should Starbucks be the only ones making 95% margin on a cup of coffee, LOL

-Gary

17. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I will say this, the Keurig coffee maker is convienient and it does make a pretty good cup of coffee. In fact, for what, 2/3 or more of American coffee drinkers this machine is the bee's knees for all of the reasons stated. There is a hardcore group of us though that want something more; something better. I want variety in the coffees I use, Keurig is limited in that you have to use their coffees or ones packaged for it. I like my beens freshly ground; it makes a very noticable difference, especially if you drink it black as I do. That's not an option with a Keurig. Finally, I like to make more than one cup at a time and that is 180 degrees out from the whole Keurig principle. So, I use a vintage system that makes truely excellent coffee. To the OP, from what you are telling me you value, I'd go with the Keurig. I seriously doubt that you will be displeased if you do.

18. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

For those who want to gring their own, there is a reusable "basket" for the Keurig machine that allows you to do just that. No need to buy any of the prepackaged blends at all -

Rich

19. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

omgb, keurig makes an adapter to use in their machines where you can use any makers coffee in their machines.I think it caost somewhere around $17. Mike.

20. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I drink to much coffee for the Keurig, but my mother has one and I do like it.

She's got the little filter for it too but that defeats the whole point.

I got a dripper with the thermal pot. Stays warm all morning and doesn't burn because there is no hot plate. It will cool off a little at a time, but no different than a thermos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.