1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Cochlear implants

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by austin fatts, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. austin fatts

austin fatts TS Member

Has anyone had any experience with cochlear implants?? This was talked about with me after a hearing aid adjustment. Thanks for any input

Austin Fatts

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

My wife has severel loss, both ears - was implanted 5 years ago - changed her life - going to seminar next week to look into doing the other side. PM me if you'd like to discuss her experience.

rm

3. lytnin1

lytnin1 Member

I have a Cochlear BAHA LH side fitted 2009 after Meneires [??] disease. Works well apart from the dose of MRSA they gave me in hospital. I am in Australia

4. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

I have hearing aids. My right ear has lost 99% of it's hearing doctors and the audioligest told me I would not be able to hear in that ear again. I lost it from a virus. I went to a hearing guy in town and he told me that he would be rich if he believed all the doctors that told patients they would never hear again.

He gave me HIS test and ordered me a shell type hearing aid and I can now hear very well in my right ear. When I first got out of the car on the day I got them I was so happy to hear the birds in the trees as I had not heard them in 20 years. My loss is so bad that if I put a ear bud from a ipod in my ear and turn up the sound all the way up I hear nothing. With this shell type of hearing aid I hear great. BK

5. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Send me the info pls.

6. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

My son was born deaf, at 4 1/2 years of age we where able to get him a Cochlear implant. He is now 19, he has a better hearing threshold then I have, just before he started High School he grew out of much of his speech pattern that is called deaf speak.

I am sold on the CI

Cochlear Corp. or look up cochlear America is his provider.

Advanced Bionics is another provider

Al

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

The House Ear Clinic of Los Angeles is also an institution that does "cutting edge" research in hearing and the ear. Big, modern facility, well-known in So-Calif. and the West Coast. The Dr.'s House are second, maybe third generation now, and come from a long history of going to med school at USC. (For you Trojan Fans!)

8. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

and ADVANCE BIONICS, is a direct out growth of Dr. House's research.

When we got my son a cochlear implant, we worked through MAYO CLINIC Phoenix. They chose the product from Cochlear Corp. while another family got the advance bionic product both families are happy with the results!

9. lumpys600

lumpys600 Member

My father was the first person in the state of wisconsin to receive implants. It was worth every dime that was spent. Before the cochlear implants he had 10% of he's hearing. This was many years ago and things i'm sure are much more advanced. Good luck Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

skeet shooting cochlear implant