1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CO2 air pistol

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capvan, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

Well, it's going to be winter all too soon here in Vermont and that is the end of trapshooting, at least where I shoot.

I am looking for an ACCURATE CO2 air pistol for some indoor shooting. Just something to keep me shooting something during the winter months. I've tried .22 CB caps, but the powder fumes (even the small amount) was more than I wanted to deal with. I'll also need some sort of backstop.

Any suggestions appreciated...

cap

2. capvan

capvan Active Member

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

If you receive little response here, try shotgunworld.com (above).

Rollin

4. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

The best way is with a spring powered or a single stroke pnematic. If you can find a FWD 65 is about as best there is . Or a Daisy 747. The 747 is not a good looking thing but every actuate.

For my winter indoor shooting, I like my 853 at 33 & 50 feet.

I have a FWS 300s but getting to heavy for me.

5. train222

train222 Well-Known Member

Cap,

Your best bet is to take a look at http://www.pyramydair.com ...

This is one of the best sites to look at, to check out what's available in the CO2 and Springer Pistol World..

They carry a wide range of Manufactures and a full line of different style pistols and accessories.

They always have a 10% off coupon running and free shipping with $150.00 Plus purchase.. (Can't combine)

Hope this helps....

Stu Gabriel (MrGun)

train222@aol.com

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am with Stu on this one. Pyramid air is a great place to shop. Also sign upo for airguns daily emails. They have daily specials

7. tachyon

tachyon Member

http://www.pyramydair.com they use a strange spelling and spell their name pyramyd not pyramid.

Since you asked specifically for a CO2 air pistol, I would go with the Crosman 2300 T or 2300 S. They both use CO2 cartridges. The 2300 S is around $250. while the 2300T is $160. The S has a Lothar Walther barrel and Williams rear sight. Both have good adjustable triggers.

If you want to expand to single stroke pneumatics then the Daisy 747 at $199 is a good option. Adjustable trigger, Lothar Walther barrel, adjustable rear sight. The IZH 46M is another good but more expensive option.

8. redbone99

redbone99 Member

I would agree with Tachyon on the Crosman's. I have a 2300T and quite happy with it. It's accurate and get good life out of co2 cartridge. I bought it to be able to practice in cellar for pistol league competition bullseye shooting. Buy co2 and pellets from discount dealers and in quantity and it will be cheap shooting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.