1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CNN money on shortage and ---

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Now we know some shooters have jumped in and resold ammunition they have purcahsed at inflated prices.

I think the people taking advantage of this are not real supporters of the 2nd Amendment at all.

Forgetting that, I found this interesting "A survey by researchers at the University of Chicago released last week found that 34% of adults owned guns last year, down from 49% in 1973. "

That downturn isnt good at all and it is huge if that study is accurate.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

"University of Chicago"

Enough said!

3. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Most of Chicago gun owners won't admit to owning a firearm cuz they can't own one.

Who did and how was the survey done???

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

jk

That is true- something I know about but didnt consider- another side effect of this movement to the cities- along with unemployement, lack of tax payers and the push for socialized medical care

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

NY Times reported the same thing. I never tell strangers my personal business. At my wife's work whenever they survey for "health" there have been gun ownership questions. She leaves it blank. It is no business of any insurance company, hospital, government agency, etc.

6. Nutso

Nutso Member

The survey group was 2000 individuals, pretty easy to skew. Also I suspect many held back from declaring ownership. Who knows maybe a newspaper would get a hold of it and publish a map.

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I bet the number of "no father" households, if used, would be enough of a factor to change the demographics considerably. I doubt if many single mothers own guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.