1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

CMP purchase

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Old Cowboy, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I'm preparing to send an order to the Civilian Marksmanship Program for a case of .22 lr ammo, have never ordered from them before but I think I've got everything in order (photocopies of birth certificate, DD-214 & membership cards in 1 affiliated shooting club plus American Legion & Disabled American Veterans). Got the order form page filled out and the liability agreement/no warranty acknowlegement page also. now.............for page "2A" Certfication, requires my notarized signature? Is this form nessesary for just purchasing ammunition? I have the impression that sending the certification page is only required for purchasing a rifle but I might be mistaken?? Anybody here know the straight info on this?

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

They have been out of .22LR ammo since January, and are not taking orders for it from what I've read on the CMP forum. You may want to call ahead...

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Thank you skeet_man, my understanding from the website is that they'll back order and send it when they get it but don't expect delivery for 6 to 12 months. Maybe it would be best to call as you suggest?

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

is there some price advantage ?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

No Gene, it's Aguilla .22 lr Target ammo and my target rifle shoots consistently small groups with the stuff, smaller than anything else I've tried including some that was much more expensive.

John

6. oz

oz Active Member

some gun stores have all the guns and ammo you could want. others have almost nothing. go figure. the ones with sell lots and have high prices.

7. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

I ordered in February & they noted it would be April before it came in. Got another notice that said October or later. They are filling orders as were received.
    Yes Gene there is a price advantage if can wait. $225 a case plus $25 shipping.

As far as all the paperwork I sent in everything. You will sooner or later buy a gun so fill everything out.

8. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Original question. Yes sir, they need your original notorized signature before they ship you any firearms or Ammo.

Once you have it on file with them, they can reference it for the next time.

9. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Yes, it's a hoarding thing here in the USA. In mid January I had a conversation with a shop owner in Canada and he told me he had 2 pallets of 9mm and 5.56 sitting on the floor. Told me to get my form 6 in order and come over and buy as much as I wanted. Was not worth it to me.

10. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

There is a guy on the CMP forum sight selling CMP 40gr. 22 ( 60.00 shipped included for a 1000 rds )

11. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Thanks guys, I guess I'll sent 'em the notarized 2A Certification form as well then. Not a biggie, just have to find a notary public somewhere in town. Then I know I'll be covered.

12. Ron Adams

Ron Adams Member

I have brought a M1 Garand and ammo from CMP and both were better than I expected . I also have a brick of 22lr ammo on back order and not expecting it until Oct.
    Do the paper work and never look back you will not regret it.

Ron A.