1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***Clyde Slyde - Outstanding***

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Harv Shell, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Got my K80 Trap Special back from Clyde Cameron yesterday. Words can't express the craftsmanship this man attains. I needed something to relieve the stress on these old shoulders and took Dan Thome's recommendation on Clyde's system. He doesn't need the work, but I wanted to let everyone know what a great job he does. At $300 including return shipping, this is also a great bargain. I'll try to get a few pictures up, if interested, in a couple days. Harv.

2. Harv Shell

Well Jack, not the nicest way to ask, but to answer your question the Clyde Slyde is the latest dance craze to sweep the country. No really, it is a very effective recoil reducer system that also attaches the adjustable comb to the butt plate so it doesn't move with the stock. Looks alot like the Soft Touch design. Harv.

3. Harv Shell

Here is a picture that Trap2 sent me before I had it done, this is not my gun. I actually talked Clyde into doing mine a little different at the butt plate.

4. mt

mt Member

I've been thinking about getting one, i'd love to see photos of your gun with the plate modification. thanks

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: Recoil Reduction System F/S
    Email: hydeal@qwest.net
    Date: Sat, Aug 27, 2005 - 10:38 AM ET
    Website Address: http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/hydeal/HPI/Recoil/?action=view┬Ąt=recoilpandf012007.jpg

These recoil devices operate in the same manner of a soft touch system except the front of the comb cannot extend beyond the original comb position and interfere with the thumb or upper palm. It has 3/4" of recoil into the stock and a 4-way adjustable comb that moves with the recoil. It operates with a spring-actuated piston and has a set compression based on the spring pressure. Using a different spring inside the piston cage can change the compression. The standard spring in this system works very well with what we consider a 16 yd load (AA, 18.2 clays, 1 oz) up to the AA super handicap. This system allows the gun to recoil back while the comb stays in position with your cheek. The comb has a total of 3/4" cast adjustment (side to side) and unlimited height adjustment depending on the posts ordered with it. Price for the hardware and custom fit installation to a stock is $395.00. Polishing was $55 extra. All stocks have met the ten-day turnaround or less from the time that we receive it and have it ready to ship out. If you are interested in the HPI recoil system installed on to your stock please email us with your questions or an updated detail price sheet with optional accessories. The link in the website box might not be printable so we can reply with a good form. We send donations to David for any sales referred from this forum.

6. Harv Shell

Big Heap is posting info on the HyDeal unit, which I think is a copy of Clyde's unit, since Clyde's been doing it for 20 years or so. Here's a picture of it naked to peak Jack's curiosity. Again not my gun, photo from Dan Thome. Harv.

7. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Do the prices that you guys are quoting include the adjustable butt or is that an extra charge?

8. Harv Shell

The adjustable butt pad on Clyde's unit is extra. He used the Country Gentleman pad adjuster I had on my gun, at no extra charge for fitting. Harv.

9. Harv Shell

10. jrb100

jrb100 Member

I was wondering if the unit can be installed if you already have an aftermarket adj. comb installed?

thanks,
    joe

11. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Clyde slide kinda sounds like a country western dance. LOL

12. Harv Shell

Joe, I'm sure you can, mine was an adjustable comb. Here's the pics. <br><br>

13. Harv Shell

another

14. Harv Shell

15. Harv Shell

16. corkey\rufus

corkey\rufus TS Member

17. Lyle

Lyle Member

I've had two of these. They are great and Clyde is very good to deal with.

Lyle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.