1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clubs/Shooters near Blair, NE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sam (ATA Noobie), May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Hello all!

As some of you know, I shoot for the ISU team. Anyhow, I'm working for Cargill this summer in Blair, NE.

Those who know the area know there's not much to do around here. Anyways, I have my equipment out here and was wondering what clubs were in the area who might let me shoot?

Or a fellow shooter I could shoot with?

Thanks,

Sam

2. JJM

JJM Member

We have a couple of gun clubs nearby. One north of Valley, NE on hiway 36 - 8 traps and another in Omaha on 69th and Harrison street - 6 skeet & 10 trap fields.

3. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Thanks.

Any of them allow guests/strangers.

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Harry Koch range is a city owned public range and allows anybody with cash. They are located at 69th and Harrison Street located in the Seymour Smith city park. They have leagues running weeknights but still have a few open ranges. Weekend are open shooting for trap or skeet. Ask for Gil or John.

Ashland NE has a club, Papillion has a club, and Bellevue has a club. Wednesday nights at Bellevue also has an open practice trap and allows non members this night. Tekamah, Brainard, and Woodbine IA have Sporting Clays. Grand Island, and Lincoln have trap and skeet also. The ATA has a web site at http://www.shootnta.org which should list a number of clubs. Bellevue is at http://www.bellevuegunclub.org or it is listed as a link on my web site. Have fun while you are here.

5. Clay McCracken

Clay McCracken TS Member

If Shoot'r sees this thread, he can hook you up at the Valley range, which is closest to your location. He's your age and he's a great guy to get to know. He and his dad belong to the Valley range (8 - 10 miles from Blair). and they shoot there quite often.

Mike T.

I'l post another thread alerting him to this discussion.

6. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Much appreciated.

Sam

7. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Forgot to add my e-mail.

Thanks again,

Sam

8. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Valley is a good club, I agree. I have enjoyed the people there. A lot of people out of Fremont NE. shoot there and they are great fun. Sometimes Valley gets a little windy so tie down your hat and shoot well. Big Bad Terry is a good guy to know.

9. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Thanks guys.

Anybody plan on shooting tomorrow AM/ early afternoon that I could link up with? Or even tonight? E-mail me and I'll shoot over my cell #.

Thanks,

Sam

10. tachyon

tachyon Member

On Saturday June 2nd, Ducks Unlimited is hosting a sporting clays event at Upland Fields near Tekamah.

Here is some info on the shoot. It is a fun shoot.

On Sunday June 3rd a registered ATA shoot is currently scheduled for Harlan (Shelby County) Iowa. A good club with great pies. Good people and a fun time. The corn should not be too high so the background should be good.

11. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Bump hoping for a shooter tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.