1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Club's prompt payment

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Alex Ragulsky, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

Club

I shot a nice little shoot at Colorado Clay's in Brighton this past Sunday. The shoot was a lot of fun and as usual the "management" went out of their way to insure that we had a good time. Thanks to a local auto dealer, Trans-West, there was even some added money.

I got home from work Tuesday evening and after taking my dogs for a walk I picked up my mail. While looking through the typical bills and request for donations and the ever present offers for a new roof or air conditioner I saw a letter from Colorado Clays. Thinking that it might be an invitation to a future shoot I opened the envelope only to discover my check from Sunday!

Two days! Can you believe that? Two days. This is the kind of thing that elevates my opinion of clubs. No, I won't make a payment on a new truck or anything like that but it sure is nice when a club deals with paid outs promptly. This shows that they value us as customers.

You can bet that Colorado Clays will continue to be one of my perferred clubs.

Thanks Colorado Clays!

Respectfully,

Alex Ragulsky

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

We have one club here that if you wait around a little while after all the shootoffs are completed, they'll hand you your payout check before you leave.

3. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Alex,

I shot at Our gun club in Black Diamond over the week end. I had the same results. I was not expecting to see my check for a few more days not in the mail yesterday. It is nice when clubs are so effiecient. I am still waiting for a check from the Grand Pacific that finished on July 30. I do realize thought that there were a lot more shoooters and it will take longer to process the paperwork.
    Jim Bradbury

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

How big were the shoots where you got paid off that fast ..? Number of shooters makes a big difference when you get to sorting out all of the numbers and making out the checks ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Its a small club but a good one

6. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

The shoot was 30 people at the most. But I've shot at some clubs with way fewer shooters and their promptness leaves a lot to be desired.

I am mentioning this because for many years it was almost like the clubs were doing us a favor just getting us our paid outs. Now Colorado clubs like Delta, Cortez, Pike's Peak and Colorado Clays are really setting the standard.

Delta is the State Shoot and they can manage to get the checks out promptly. Cortez (local host of the SW Zone) and Pike's Peak (half of the State Zone shoot) don't seem to have any problems. Size does matter but these clubs are showing that they are ready for the crowds that they have and even bigger and better things.

Skeet Man, we too have a club that pays you before you leave, the Aurora Gun Club. The guy who runs the ATA side, Loren, busts his hump to get the paid outs in your hand before you leave and he is successful about 99% of the time.

I originally posted as a way to say thank you to the clubs who do it right and maybe those that are a little behind the efficiency curve might take this as a challenge. After all, we are the customers and besides, the money that they pay out comes from us! When a club steps up and treats us like valued customers instead of annyoances that is the place I'll shoot. Of course I won't boycott a club that takes the maximum amount of time to get me a check but when I'm given the choice I know where I'll go.

The really neat part is that there are many other clubs that are just as good. Rather than flame those that don't seem to get it I'd rather recognize those that do it better.

Respectfully,

Alex Ragulsky

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was not trying to take anything away from the club when they perform to the highest degree, just making a point that amount of shooters can sometimes make a huge difference ... The Clubs that perform as has been indicated deserve to be recognized for their timely accounting and payouts ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

WTP:

("I was not trying to take anything away from the club when they perform to the highest degree") Of course not! And I didn't think that you were (taking anything away from anyone). You were just helping me to try and see the bigger picture.

I agree with you that the number of shooters and events can make a difference. I still see the top performing clubs, irrespective of shoot size, performing well. On the other hand some clubs, no matter what size the shoot or the number of shooters, are lacking.

My goal was to somehow recognize those that perform well in the absence of throwing clubs who don't do as good under the bus. I am pretty sure that we have all seen good and bad and shoot size doesn't change that.

When you consider that many clubs are staffed by volunteers (with full time jobs and other responsibilities) it's sometimes amazing that we get paid at all. And the full time owner/operator clubs have a lot to keep them busy as well. I guess that I was taught to praise in public and chew tail in private. I just thought that by offering praise maybe some others who didn't know that they were lacking behind could benefit from the comments.

30 shooters at a small club may be a burden while 300 at a large club with a big staff may be a walk in the park. I appreciate you for making sure that I had the right focus on this point.

Respectfully,

Alex Ragulsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.