1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clubs near San Luis Obispo?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Avaldes, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Hello, I am looking at a job located on the central coast of California at San Luis Obispo. I checked the CGSTA website and saw that there are three clubs that throw ATA targets near there! What a score! Does anyone here frequent those clubs? If I recall, one had 9 traps available. Are they friendly and receptive to new members?

I am in San Diego and since Miramar (my home club) was shut down, my shooting has dropped way off. The closest club is 55 miles away. I used to be able to shoot a couple rounds at lunch. I would LOVE to be able to get back to the point of shooting 3 times per week.

Thanks.

-Aaron Valdes

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I believe the closest clubs that I know of are Santa Lucia (Atascadero), Santa Maria and Santa Ynez. i have shot all three and all of them are warm and welcoming.

Bryan

3. Pat McKean

Pat McKean Active Member

There is a nice club off Highway 1 on the way to Morro Bay.

http://www.slosa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=3

-Pat

4. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

All three of the clubs that calkidd mentioned will treat you good.
    There is also a range just south of Morro Bay on hgy 1 but I have never had the opportunity to shoot there.
    Robert

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can also shoot at Vandenburg AF Base.

6. drejw2

drejw2 Member

I am a member of the Santa Maria Gun Club, we are open on Wednesdays the whole day (it gets busier in the evenings after folks finish work), Saturday and Sunday in the mornings till early afternoon.
    As mentioned above, there is a club in SLO off the 1 and it has trap, skeet and other shooting related activities. Atascadero too has a nice club. Santa Ynez and the base are little far for you and I think the base just closed.
    Feel free to contact me if you want more info.

7. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

If you're serious about trap shooting, go straight straight to the Santa Maria Gun Club. You will not regret it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.