1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clubs around Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PhillyD, Aug 5, 2013.

1. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

After you finish shooting your registered birds at the Grand, is there any other shooting clubs to shoot at around the Grand area? Any clubs around there shoot game shoots?. We are new to the Sparta area and are interested in game shoots (of any kind) later in the day. I figured someone on here would have some info.

Thanks

2. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

You can stay and shoot practice if you want

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Gather up a bunch and shoot some games if its allowed ... Hell, that would be fun for some of them locals besides some who have traveled from near and far, north, and South, east, and west ... You probably have a few game shooters who could run them for you so it don't become a cluster fudge ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. JT 27

JT 27 Member

A couple of years back, Rend Lake had some shoots during Grand week. About 30 miles east. Club is under new management but you might call.

5. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I shoot sporting clays. Allows me to lose in more than one venue.

6. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

We're not in Ohio anymore. When I was much younger I shot the Grand all day, and travelled to neighboring small clubs to burn off more energy.That would be in the 70's. I broke 49 out of 50 in handicap and packed up to leave. Shooters told me if I left before over I would not win. They were right.
    As I remember Troy,Ohio, Rudy Manor ???

Joe Woods/Ontario

7. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

we stopped at Rend Lake club on the way to Sparta,,,the young lady there told us they are open on Sat,,Sun,,and wed ,evening,,, MX8Dave

8. John55

John55 Active Member

Several clubs located about an hour or so north of Sparta. These all have night time 50 bird derbies and other game shoots. KVS club has a website and holds a Friday night derby, the others have no website but hold derby shoots on Monday and Wednesday evenings.

9. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Thanks for the info