1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Clubs around Atlanta or Pensacola areas?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by xb2dr, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xb2dr

xb2dr TS Member

Hi all,

I am flying to the US from Australia next Thursday (2nd Oct). I will be in the Atlanta area on Friday 3rd Oct for a few days and then will be travelling down to Milton FL (East of Pensacola) sometime during the following week and will be down there until Monday 12th before we head north to WA. I will have a fair bit of spare time on my hands and was wondering if any of you are having shoots on during this time in these areas. I wont have my gun with me but hopefully there may be a club gun I can hire.. I'd love to have a few rounds of trap while I am over there...

Cheers,
    Brett.
    Queensland, Australia.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The link will take you to the ATA homepage. Find the link for clubs & shoots,click on it then click on the states you want club info for.

Eric

3. nords

nords Member

Go to gatrap.com there is club right by the airport, Tom Lowe

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

Sorry to report but they just buldozed the Olympic Ranges in Atlanta. this is where Michael Diamond won his first Gold Medal. the American range across the street is still open however.

Tom

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

When you are at Milton give Styx River a try. It is right across the AL/FL line going west. Take the 1st exit(wilcox exit) and turn right. Then an immediate right on the frontage road. I know they are open SAT/SUN(not sure of the days during the week). Send me an email--oldmechanic@hotmail.com and I'll try to get you some more info.

6. xb2dr

xb2dr TS Member

Thanks Guys.. Styx River sounds like a good plan at this stage. I would like to go to Fayetteville and shoot that 300 target event but I fear that Saturday 4th may be a little busy for me - I'm buying a car while I am there and will have a few things to sort out on the Saturday...

Do you need to be a member of the ATA to shoot registered targets? What exactly is a registered target? Here in Aust, I am a member of the ACTA and our monthly club shoot scores get entered into our ACTA score book for handicapping purposes. Is this the same system as a registered target over there??

Cheers,
    Brett.

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

XB2DR,

Yes you must be an ATA member to shoot registered (ATA) targets. The ATA is the governing organization and sets the rules, regulations and keeps track of all scores for all registered trap shooting (apologies to the PITA). Dues are $20 per year and you can sign up at any club during an ATA shoot.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.